DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

I ordered an led conversion kit for my white 2012 dodge ram 1500 Sport. It came with a number of different bulbs and I'm not sure where they belong. I ordered the kit from carhidkits.com and it came with the following Advanced German Technology bulbs:

2 194 canbus bulbs
3 rigid loop bulbs
4 Regular 194 bulbs

I assume the regular 194's are for the dome and map lights, but what about the rest?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Post some pictures and I can try and help you. I dont exactly know what a "rigid loop bulb" is.

Here is a lighting breakddown for the trucks

921 - map lights, 3rd brake light, cargo lights and reverse lights
44mm x 10mm festoon bulb for the rear dome light
3157 tower bulb - rear brake/turn signals and front turn signals/corner markers
194 - license plate bulbs

It sounds like you dont exactly have a set for a new ram. The only reason I can see needing a "canbus" light is so that you dont get the "XXX light out" on your EVIC when you start the truck, but they arent even the right size bulbs so i dont know whats going on there

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree SS. It looks like they sent me a random assortment of bulbs. I'll post some pictures in a bit and hopefully I can get this figured out.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
The rigid loop bulb has just that, a rigid loop on either end (as opposed to the festoon type bulbs). They hook in between (2) energized hooks. If you take apart a stock under hood light you'll find one.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
^yep, that's correct as i have mine changed to a blue led under the hood

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Gotcha, I knew i had seen/read about them before but i have yet to go underthe hood and do that. It honestly wasnt on my list of bulbs to replace lol

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
I just figured while I was going blue crazy i might as well get them all.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I had a look at the stock bulbs in my truck today and the only bulbs they sent me that I can actually use are the map light bulbs. And even though they light up when the door opens, they no longer work when I push the map lights. This kit I ordered is a total bust. Does anyone know where I can order proper blue led bulbs from, and which ones I should be ordering to fit my truck?

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Thats why i get all my interior leds from www.superbrightleds.com they know whats going on and actually have a bulb finder on the site all mine were plug and play with 0 problems. And everything on my truck that can have an led in has one lol

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
... It honestly wasnt on my list of bulbs to replace lol
OMG!:Wow1: I didn't think there actually was a bulb that Luck DIDN'T replace in his quest to completely LED his Ram!!!! I'm shocked!!!!:LOL:

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
OMG!:Wow1: I didn't think there actually was a bulb that Luck DIDN'T replace in his quest to completely LED his Ram!!!! I'm shocked!!!!:LOL:
hahaha i have a bunch of large audio fuses under my hood so i thought to myself hmm ill leave it alone so incase my stereo ever shuts off i can see which run is blown, but theni forget to order a white one for it when i order new leds :/

My glove box is LEDs but under my hood isnt... thats not right... TIME FOR AN LED MISSION!

I really thing that the underhood and the ash tray light are the only two left that are stock bulb/color

1 - 12 of 12 Posts