DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! First post of the Forum! I just ordered my dash lights and some strip lights to go in my foot wells. I was just wondering what the easiest way to run them is, what have you guys done?

I would like for them to come on with my dash lights or with my headlight switch but I don't know where or what to tap into!

Any help is greatly appreciated! Have been looking around the site for a few months and just did the throttle body mod last night, worked like a charm!

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
You can run a relay off of on of your headlight power wires to turn on your interior LEDs. Mine is setup of the illumination wire from my headunit and turns all my interior LEDs on.

Works like a charm and welcome to the forum

·
Registered
340 Posts
If you want it to go with the dash lights you could trace the light switch wire. I have to guess it's a knob on the left side of the dash like on my 96 and 12?? You might even be able to see the harness from the side of the dash pull out.

I would consider running everything to a harness under your steering wheel. Here is what I am doing now -> http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=106389

I was able to do the strip lighting in the passenger side and I am building a bracket to mount the lights in the driver foot well.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
There really int much to see since the relay is tucked inside the dash. All my interior accent leds meet basically below the radio. Its just a standard automotive relay running 4 strands of LEDs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts