DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my 2012 2500 Laramie traded a 2008 F250 when I turned the ignition off on the ford the interior light would come on but not in my new 2500. Is there a setting I'm missing or the ram does not have this option ???

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
i couldn't help you with the interior light question but i have heard alot of members complaining about the light output on the 4th gens but there is some mods that can help, hopefully someone who has done some will chime in

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
go to ur evic display if u have it, should be an option for a light delay and other options as well!

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I dont think there is one to turn the lights on when you turn the truck off... just when you open the doors.

As far as the ighting, yes many people hate the way these trucks have sub par lighting. HIDs are the most common fix. Check in the sub section down below and all your questions can be ansered

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
Key off, interior light on, not an option with dodge trucks.
Opening your door is the only way you`ll turn on the interior lights.
(unless you manually turn it on/off by the dash light dimmer switch)
Kudo`s to ford and many others that have the interior "light on" option.
Only thing i wouldnt like about it, is the option to turn it off if i wanted too.

Headlights...
you can raise them by the adjusting screw under the hood
Start w/3turns clockwise to raise the level of them. It DOES help, but not by alot.
Dont bother with silverstar bulbs... wayyyyyy too pricey, and are no better.
The problem is the reflector`s in the headlight housing. They just suck.
Install HID with projectors, thats the only fix. (if done by a professional)
DO NOT just install the HID bulbs, they`ll create way to much glare w/out projectors.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I dont think there is one to turn the lights on when you turn the truck off... just when you open the doors.

As far as the ighting, yes many people hate the way these trucks have sub par lighting. HIDs are the most common fix. Check in the sub section down below and all your questions can be ansered
Where is that switch when you open the doors and lights come on?? Am I that blind and can find it??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts