DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I bought my new truck a few months ago and noticed that the interior lights aren't turning on when I turn the truck off and open the door. Is there a way to program my interior lights to turn on when I open the door? The lights are all working properly when I switch the cabin light on.

Thanks

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
The only condition I'm aware of that can do this and be user controlled is by turning the dash dimmer knob to minimum, and then a bit more to the indent. This is call 'Party' mode. It this position, the dash lighting is at minimum while driving, and the interior lights are disabled from the door switch(s).

If you are not getting the interior lights when a door is opened, and you are not in the 'party' mode, then a trip t the dealer is likely in order.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey guys,

I bought my new truck a few months ago and noticed that the interior lights aren't turning on when I turn the truck off and open the door. Is there a way to program my interior lights to turn on when I open the door? The lights are all working properly when I switch the cabin light on.

Thanks
Take a look at the online (dodge website) owners manual. You can adjust certain settings, such as whether or not the horn honks twice when you start it using the remote start. I know their are settings for certain lights, but I don't recall the specifics.

·
Registered
36 Posts
if you have controls on your steering wheel that control your setting inbetween your tac and speedometer, thats where mine is located to change and setup.

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
I have to go with turning the head light rheostat wheel, that controls the brightness of the dash lights

1 - 5 of 5 Posts