DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what website/company that can do our 2011 interior trim in carbon fiber? I have my outside door handles and gas door wrapped in carbon fiber and my mirrors with carbon fiber caps. Now I want my interior trim in carbon fiber and I can't find anything so far, hopefully u guys can help me, thanks.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Have you thought about going with some sort of wrap? You can probably find a vinyl wrap for a lot less money (and easier availability) than a regular carbon fiber kit

Exco

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea I recently had a graphic company try to wrap my interior trim with the new carbon fiber 3M do-nox or whatever it's called and they said the trim is a little too skinny and they couldn't get the wrap to stick smoothly. But I got my outside door handles and gas door wrapped in it and looks really good :)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Ram2300 do you have any pics you can post of your handles and all that are wrapped

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ironsides: I had a professional graphics place try to wrap my interior trim and they said with the new (realistic) carbon fiber 3M do-nox or whatever it's called and they said that the trim was too skinny to wrap and wouldn't stick. Plus I dunno how to wrap interior lol. How do u pop out the center trim pieces around the radio?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Ironsides: I had a professional graphics place try to wrap my interior trim and they said with the new (realistic) carbon fiber 3M do-nox or whatever it's called and they said that the trim was too skinny to wrap and wouldn't stick. Plus I dunno how to wrap interior lol. How do u pop out the center trim pieces around the radio?
3M Vinyl Wrap basically comes in 2 brands, DiNoc and 1080. 1080 is newer, and specifically designed for exterior automotive applications. It has better UV and weather resistance. I used the 1080 on my interior. It's overkill, but the price was right, and I liked the color. Plenty of guys use DiNoc on their interior, do a search. I don't know why anyone told you it wouldn't work, maybe they just weren't interested in taking it on, but it can definitely be done.

There's numerous tutorials on how to take the interior apart, do a search.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Carbon fiber dash must add at least 10hp right?

dash kits like remkin come in carbon fiber. I don't have personal experience with these though.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
I helped wrap a friends Ram with dinoc, its easy just get a heat gun for the stubborn corners, a fresh sharp razor and a 12 pack and take your time and clean everything well before applying.

I plan on doing it in my truck in the future as well

·
Registered
571 Posts
I love this stuff. its crazy how today i have seen two posts on this stuff. I am planning on doing a build themed off of CF, called simply "CARBON"

·
Registered
148 Posts
ironsides, How did you get the sides of the radio to lay so smoothly? I have done it on my truck but I do have a few wrinkles that I couldn't get out.
Are you talking about the wings on the center stack? The top corners on those are the hardest part of the installation. You'll need to use a heatgun to get the corners to lay down smoothly. Start with the main upright section, overlap it to the black area by about an inch, and smooth it all out. Then pull the side around, and smooth that section out. Then heat the top part up, and pull it up so that when it stretches out, it'll lay down smooth on the top side corner. That might take a few tries. Once that's applied, you should be mostly done. Heat up the wrap on top of the seam between the silver and black areas, and press the wrap down into the seam with a small pick, or something else small enough to get into the seam without marring the wrap. Let it cool, then run a hobby knife the length of the seam, and take off the excess. Then just trim the edges, roll them around the sides, and stick them down.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.