ok so i finaly got my test piece in today, so i gave it a go, and let me say this is NOT easy. heres a few pics, not remember all i had was a 12x12 piece. i wanted to try it before i spent a lot of money on more of this stuff.
had to do something about the shifter knob, chrome was coming off.
first attempt was ok, nut had wrinkles on the back side and it was driving me nuts
this was the 3rd attempt and my final product, this thing was nearly impossible to get covered with out wrinkles somewhere. I ended up just painting the chrome piece black brilliant pearl.
this still has some wrinkles in it too around the edges, but not bad.
I really want to do my wheels, but now i am kind of afraid i might screw it up. def not easy......
oh yea, i think i burnt my fingers a couple of times too. I just couldnt get the corners to stay down. it seemed harder to do it on the pieces that i couldnt take off the truck. what do you think about the shifter know, that was the worst. may be i just attacked it the wrong way.
well i figured out that the reason i have had a problem with it staying is due to the fact I preped the surfaced with windex. apparently a big NO NO. well that is the reason that I only bought a small piece to experiment with. lesson learned. :doh:
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.