DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I was surfing up more info and decided to surf on over to the local Ram shop. Seems Ole' Rick has dealerships all over the south. Anyway, I was at the interlot of a dealership in another state.

I say interlot because that's where I was. I was looking at the pictures and listings of the Rams on their web site. I had not been cruising the interlot long when my virtual self was approached by the virtual salesman. Doesn't that beat all. A chat window pops up from the web site and I have a nice chat with the virtual salesman about my desire for a Ram truck.

Is there a name for this?????

Mike....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Man, cyber-business is the new way. I was invited to my dealership to buy a new truck through an email, looked up my registration confirmation number in an email while I was there on an Android tablet, and have had almost nothing but electronic communication with them since the purchase. I was also surprised to find out at the dealership that almost all the employees were young enough to be my children (thus explaining perhaps the new way of doing business). I wonder if online-only dealerships will ever become the preferred source in the same way .com's have eclipsed many other local businesses. That could explain why dealerships place so much emphasis on their after-sale service depts.--that's the only way they can survive.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Had the same experience and negotiated a price. Funny thing, when I got to the dealership stories went from they no longer had that truck to we can't honor that price since it was not an inn dealer offer. Needless to say I didn't stay long! Still got a truck at another dealer for less than their crap offer. Melton sales in Claremore, Oklahoma is great for the record!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts