DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Really need some help with my trucks instrument cluster. It keeps going mental!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all the dials and guages will go dead and then all the warning lights will show and flash at once really fast and dials will jump all over the place like the car is being electricuted, then out the blue it will go back to normal, sometimes for the rest of the journey sometimes only for a few seconds. any ideas someone please!!!!! thanks.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hi everyone. Really need some help with my trucks instrument cluster. It keeps going mental!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all the dials and guages will go dead and then all the warning lights will show and flash at once really fast and dials will jump all over the place like the car is being electricuted, then out the blue it will go back to normal, sometimes for the rest of the journey sometimes only for a few seconds. any ideas someone please!!!!! thanks.
Mate i had the same type of problem only it effected my headlights indicators and the same would happen as it does with yours after spending a shed load of cash with different advice, until i found this site and which had some sound tips from the guys to which i had a guy look at it and the relays curciut board was the problem its located behind the dash board, the soldering was breaking down so he re-soldered every one for me and its solved the problem.

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
wow i hope you get that fixed

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
...something to check would be to clean the harnesses underneath the fuse box. I had a problem where the dash would go dead and also the truck would too. What I did was to check and clean the grounds and i found that after I pulled the fuse box and got underneath to pull the harnesses/connectors and cleaned the area that it seemed to stop this problem...I am also going to change the ignition switch module in the steering column because I also heard some guys with similar symptoms changed this to fix (and it was pretty cheap)...at least i could start ruling out certain things..

·
Registered
35 Posts
I had this problem, for me it was as simple as cleaning my battery connections. My whole inst. cluster would go off like fireworks, and my head lights as well. It even died sometimes.

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
I had a problem that was bigger..same thing, cluster dies...and eventually my truck would also die while I was driving... long story short an a month of troubleshooting, it came down to replacing my fuse box... something to try is remove fusebox and clean all the harnesses underneath first, that seemed to help a lil while until my fuse box ultimately failed..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, Everyone!
I have been a member for awhile know and i have read alot and learned alot.

But i have to thank everyone on this thread for giving me a good nights sleep!!
A couple of days ago my instrument panel started to go crazy all the abs,fuel,check engine light etc. and then everything would go dead. I cleaned all the connections on the fuse block and everything is great!!!!

Thank You Very Much!!

·
Registered
6,250 Posts
..glad it worked out..but keep an eye out for a new fuse box (in my case I got one from a slavage yard)...it's jus a matter of time now...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts