DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2010 RAM 1500, Laramie 4DR Crew Cab, 4WD, 5.7L V8
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After taking this problem to two different shops (both with RAM experience and top notch folks), changing components related to H/AC problems (sensors, relays, etc.) and the condition still haunts us. So this problem moves to the next level of effort and I suspect we're dealing with a computer timing trigger problem, because the time frames for stopping and starting of the blower motor are fairly consistent in a general sense but not to the second. I'm wondering if there is some sensing trigger that drops the H/AC out. Note: Heating and Air Conditioning act exactly the same so this has to be a common problem to both.

The symptoms are; select either the heater or air conditioner after starting the truck. The blower will start and run for about 10-20 seconds and then it stops. You can do nothing, change all the vent or blower options, change the desired temperature, or combinations and nothing changes. After about 2-3 minutes, the blower will start and continue to run until you shut the truck off. No matter, winter or summer, the H/AC will go through this sequence again. I guess I should add that once the system restarts (blower turns on) it will perform as desired.

If someone has an idea of what to tackle next, I would be appreciative.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts