DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought the intune last week, but I was also on vacation and funny but I had little to no time to play with the thing. I did the little kid at christmas skit and plugged it in a for a little to get the stock tune loaded and everything and I applied the 87tune for the heck of it for now since I have 87 in the truck. My question, can you change the specifications without plugging it into the truck? I have little patience for sitting in my truck in the driveway just waiting and turning the key on,off,on,off. It would be much easier to just do it through the laptop. I'm at work now, and hoping to just mess with it when i get out later.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
You have to do it on the tuner unless you have CMR software, which you don't. It isn't that hard and is very fast with the InTune...I did all my adjustments in less than 10 minutes.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You have to do it on the tuner unless you have CMR software, which you don't. It isn't that hard and is very fast with the InTune...I did all my adjustments in less than 10 minutes.

Darn, I guess I will just have to be more patient. Thanks.

·
Registered
628 Posts
You must not of ever had a Diablo Predator, I can load tunes and adjust parameters in about five minutes with my Intune, the Predator took at least 20-30 minutes.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nope, i never had to deal with the predator. I guess its a good thing or i would be complaining more haha

·
Registered
44 Posts
U7137 is discontinued so I ordered the Intune and hope to get into that next week. I'm totally new to computer controlled components so I'll take it slow and easy...

Question: some of you seem to have used both the Predator and intune and I am wondering if the pre-loaded or "canned" tunes are the same between the 2 tools? (05 Ram 1500, 5.7 4X4)

Thanks

·
Registered
628 Posts
U7137 is discontinued so I ordered the Intune and hope to get into that next week. I'm totally new to computer controlled components so I'll take it slow and easy...

Question: some of you seem to have used both the Predator and intune and I am wondering if the pre-loaded or "canned" tunes are the same between the 2 tools? (05 Ram 1500, 5.7 4X4)

Thanks
Yes, the tunes are the same, the intune is constantly getting updates with little tweeks here and there so eventually the tunes may be different

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ok, I had a feeling (hoped) they might be similar if not identical. I've found a good bit of discussion about the Predator while trying to get an idea of where to start (and start learning the tool) and knowing the inTune is close with the tunes is a relief. Thank you VERY much for the info.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi, Can anyone tell me if you can leave your Intune plugged in while driving? I know for safety reasons you are not suppose to, but i am wanting to set it in the record mode so I can see what all the readings are while driving.

If not is there any new/good software kits for a laptop that will allow me to to see what a scanner would while driving?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes, you can do that but it will only record - you cannot view things while driving. It will save the time recorded as a "log" that you transfer to your computer then use the "DataViewer" to play it back. You have to go to DiabloSport website, look under support for the Predator and scroll down till you find the data viewer.exe download.

Here it is near bottom of the page: http://www.diablosport.com/index.php?module=htmlpages&func=display&pid=152

1 - 12 of 12 Posts