DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When towing my Travel Trailer, the inverter will not funtion. Has this happened to anyone else? Light use, trying to charge handheld radio while driving.

·
Registered
386 Posts
If it works when not towing, I can not see a connection. Are you using the factory wiring plug for the trailer? Do you have trailer brakes? Are you still under warranty?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Inverter functions perfectly when not towing. Factory wiring, under warranty. I am suspecting the electric brakes and the system will charge the trailer house battery while driving may put a bit of a strain on the alt. trying to use the inverter. May be a "safety" so too many amps are not drawn through the system.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same issue. Was towing my travel trailer and could not charge my daughters DVD player. I also cannot run my electric shaver off the inverter...(sounds funny, but i shave in the truck on the way to work when i sleep in!LOL)...but the inverter in my old '07 Caliber R/T would run it no prob. I think it is just a weak sh*tty inverter.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Inverter

Inverter works fine w/o towing. That's is why I think the system is "smart enough" to know when there is an extra load on the electrical system. Who knows, but not a major problem - yet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts