DODGE RAM FORUM banner

IPad dash install. Insane super clean

19K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  1miracle2 
#1 ·
The Shop is in Oregon, Elite car audio. I've seen alot of these on Yutube but this is the way to go. By far the cleanest intergration I've seen yet. I've seen several hack jobs with 3/4 of the Ipad hanging out or wires sticking out all over the place that make me dry heave.

If anyone knows a shop capable of this calibur of work in Las Vegas please let me know. :smileup:

Check out the Video below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJBplkfwkog

#3 ·
This is awesome. Looks really clean. I literally have no words that can complete how awesome this is. Great job!

I don't know if that was directed to me dacarroll , But this was just an example of a great job by a shop I found on youtube. I wish I could take credit for this one trust me. The place is called Elite car audio in Oregon.

Like I said if anyone knows of a Shop in Vegas capable enough to pull this one off let me know. :smileup:

#5 ·
That is the nicest integration I have seen by far. It sure is pleasure to see someone taking the time to do it right.

Thanks for pointing out this YouTube link. :smileup:

#6 ·
That is the nicest integration I have seen by far. It sure is pleasure to see someone taking the time to do it right.

Thanks for pointing out this YouTube link. :smileup:
Hey Your welcome Brad,

I've done a lot of work to several trucks in the past , and have made my share of planning /execution mistakes, So to see someone think through the process and nail it after some aggrevation is cool. I thought I would bring this up on the forum to show a better way to go about doing this mod. Again this is not my work , I don't want anyone thinking I'm an @SSHOLE trying to take credit for someone elses good Idea.

#8 ·
I can really relate to the planning / execution mistakes. I think for any of us that have done that, have learned much more than you could ever read about. :)

I fully understand that this was done by a commercial shop and you came across the video and decided to share it with us, and you made it very clear that this is NOT your work, so if anyone gives you hassle, just send them my way and I will put them on the Super High Intensity Training List for Communications Comprehension. :D

Only part I didn't like about the video, is it's giving me mod ideas that I really should NOT want. :LOL:

#9 ·
I can really relate to the planning / execution mistakes. I think for any of us that have done that, have learned much more than you could ever read about. :)

I fully understand that this was done by a commercial shop and you came across the video and decided to share it with us, and you made it very clear that this is NOT your work, so if anyone gives you hassle, just send them my way and I will put them on the Super High Intensity Training List for Communications Comprehension. :D

Only part I didn't like about the video, is it's giving me mod ideas that I really should NOT want. :LOL:
lol Did I mention this is not my work?
I hear you man . I don't even own a I pod (never jumped on to the apple waggon) and all of a sudden I'm pricing the Ipad just to throw it in a dash . I like the fact he used a clutched dvd drive. I like me a good linear actuator as much as the next guy but in a plastic surround like a dash cavity it sounds like a electric can opener from 1970 is about to take flight , like a Nasa launch.

#16 ·
This is sick! I want!

#18 ·
more user friendly interface, way better looking, better touchscreen and controls, big harddrive for tunes without plugging anything in, music videos, nav built in, wifi/3g cable internet can be used for countless online music apps, and SQ is literally just as good from an Ipad in to a processor as a deck is, with the right hardware.

I'm putting one in my '96 work truck :smileup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.