DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I recently smashed the front bumper up on my 2013 1500 sport shorty, and i was thinking on getting the Iron Bull bumper to replace it. The truck is going to be getting a 4" lift and 35" trail grapplers very shortly, my question i guess would be, will the iron bull bumper be to heavy for a shorty 1500? its almost 200lbs with out lights and winch, just wondering your guys thoughts on that set up?

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
it'll definitely weigh down on the front. are you 2wd or 4wd?

for example if 4wd you'll want leveling shocks like bilsteins in there to minimize the effects of the weight of the bumper.

I think you should be fine. It'll be a slick lookin truck for sure. esp color matched

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
i think it can look good, but as mentioned you'll want something extra there to beef up the front, maybe set it it a tad nose high and use the bumper to level it off.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im 4wd, and yea i was going to color match it, also will i need bilsteins all around or just in front?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it'll definitely weigh down on the front. are you 2wd or 4wd?

for example if 4wd you'll want leveling shocks like bilsteins in there to minimize the effects of the weight of the bumper.

I think you should be fine. It'll be a slick lookin truck for sure. esp color matched
hey gonefishin776 you wouldn't know if candy08 still has that amazing deal up for grabs for his iron bull bumpers ?

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
hey gonefishin776 you wouldn't know if candy08 still has that amazing deal up for grabs for his iron bull bumpers ?
nah that truck is long gone. He now has a 2014 Ford F350 King Ranch diesel. beautiful truck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts