DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I might air the Hemi out a little...was on interstate and no one around close to me and I was running about 75. I hammered it, it instantly hit 105, then it acted like a govenor kicked in.

·
Premium Member
32,663 Posts
Just have to wait on a tuner to be developed for 2013

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
It's governed because the stock tires are only rated for that speed. If you get a tuner and raise speed limiter, don't go over the rated speed for your tires. I'm pretty sure these trucks are capable of 150 mph or so. My door seals start to blow out at high speed, kind of unnerving to suddenly hear sudden rush of wind noise. Another thing to think about, how safe is a giant brick at 150 mph? I've seen some pretty bad wrecks of old gasser cars (40Willys type cars) that seemed to become airplanes at that speed.

·
Registered
161 Posts
The closer I get to death by virtue of age, the less I want to die by virtue of foolishness. I wish all vehicles were governed lower... But, hey, re read my first sentence - I ain't nary whippersnapper!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Jeez.....105 is fast enough for me in a pickup. Now how fast it gets there is another thing...heh heh

1 - 13 of 13 Posts