DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it bad to accelerate alot? and i mean like put it to the floor its hard not to with a HEMI especially when you are first at a light and theres a straight road in front of you. also besides rollover risk is it bad to fly around corners? and whats the fastest our trucks can go in reverse? i am just curious i dont like do all these things........

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
is it bad to accelerate alot? and i mean like put it to the floor its hard not to with a HEMI especially when you are first at a light and theres a straight road in front of you......
Bad....IDK.....however I have had more than one police officer suggest it was not acceptable, so if Not Acceptable = Bad....then YES...it's Bad! :smileup:

.....also besides rollover risk is it bad to fly around corners?s........
This condition has on more than one occasion caused the coffee to spill, and at $2 for a medium, that gets very costly. I have even had one occasion where this situation caused a total failure of a child's ice cream cone. The ramifications of that made me evaluate my driving when there is ice cream in the truck. :Wow1:

.....and whats the fastest our trucks can go in reverse?........
5500 rpm. :doh:

.....i am just curious i dont like do all these things........
Bull Sh...... I mean Really..... :gy:

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
LOL I believe that Brad pretty much covered it all

Exco

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
LOL I believe that Brad pretty much covered it all

Exco
Yep, there are few words left to more perfectly discuss the issue.:smileup::LOL::smileup:

·
Administrator
53,006 Posts

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:LOL: thanks for the info

E

·
0 Posts
LOL @ Brad...

No, it doesn't hurt to go WOT once in a while.

Yes, you do risk roll over or an uncontrolled slide resulting in an impact if you go too fast around a corner. Every vehicle has it's cornering limit, which varies depending on the vehicle. It is fun to hang the rear end out a bit now and then, going slightly sideways down the road.

Don't know about how fast they will go in reverse. I'll just stick with Brad's answer.

Lastly, I am sure you don't engage in any of this activity seeing how you are a mature 19 years old and all... :D

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
oh to be young again lol,it cant be good on the wallet with gas prices at 4 bucks a gallon
I wish!
Just filled up today. 1.319/L = $4.99 per usGal. Arghhhhh!

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I do recall a certain guy at Gatty last year doing a reverse burn out......were you watching the RPMs then??? :gy:
no i was aiming for blue :gy:

·
Registered
565 Posts
Silly question, but how does one pay attention to where they are going at WOT in reverse, AND look at the tach to see max RPM? I know you could bring a friend, but something like that would be spontaneous, for me anyway, and likely to occur when I am by myself. Or the act would be the wow factor and neither one of us would have thought to look at the tach.

·
Registered
8,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh you little turd bucket!!! :Wow1: :LOL:

Speaking of turds, did anyone here ever take a carp so big there pants fit better?

·
Premium Member
32,601 Posts
speaking of someone hauling ass
BlueJet flew several miles down the highway at a rapid rate of speed, just to take some PIX of me leaving her area
Yes she did get several PIX

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts