DODGE RAM FORUM banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
2001 - 2005 Dakota Fuel Pump swap

Hi, does anyone know if a 2001 fuel pump will fit in a 2005 tank and connect properly? Both are Dakota 4.7L Extended cab.

Thanks,

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hi, does anyone know if a 2001 fuel pump will fit in a 2005 tank and connect properly? Both are Dakota 4.7L Extended cab.

Thanks,
Looks like they're different. 1997-2003 (depending on what size fuel tank)
04 and up has a different part number.

·
Super Moderator
34,699 Posts
I would guess they are tied to which engine it has. 2003 was the last year for the 360, the Hemi and 4.7 were also available that year

·
Registered
1 Posts
Steering wheels and Instrument Panels

Hey guys/gals,

I just purchased my very first Dodge Ram pickup. It's a 2011 1500 ST. It had low mileage at just 65000 and was in perfect condition.

Of course, being an ST it doesn't have the bells and whistles of some of the luxury models. My questions are:

1.) Can I replace the steering wheel with no audio controls with one that does and does it matter what year (up or down within a couple) model Ram it comes from? The radio is the RES model.

2.) I've seen where the EVIC instrument panels have been discussed on these forums and people seem to be unsure of whether they can be reprogrammed by a dealer to display correct mileage after installation (not a big deal) - but for the most part, do they fit Ram trucks interchangeably?

3.) The ST Ram doesn't have keyless entry as a standard feature - although it does have the sentry key ignition switch and power doors/windows. How much of a pain is it to install remote keyless entry or RKE with remote control start?

Sorry if my format is wrong or if I'm in the wrong place - new to Ram AND the forum here.

Thanks ahead of time for any help I can get. I do LOVE my truck very much. :smileup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 98 Ram 2500 5.9 magnum just bent 1 or more valves & I can’t afford 2Gs for head job or total overhaul.
I need to know what my engine options are, to swap it with, that can be done relatively easy & cheap

·
Registered
34 Posts
2nd Generation Transmission

Transmission Swap (Re: 2001 318-360 compatability)

“The 46 went "RE" in 1996. Any 1996 or newer 46RE will swap.”
Note: “The number refers to the torque rating. Essentially 42,44= low, 45= medium, 46=high, 48=OMG!
The "R" stands for rear wheel drive. The "E" means electronic valve body, as opposed to the earlier 46RH which had a hydraulic valve body.”

Source Thread:http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=124469
Also… (Re: 99 318-360 compatability)
“Well Mike the trans are interchangeable . But the torque convertors are different . The one from the 5.9 is externally balanced . If you use that in the 5.2 , you will have a vibration from the motor . Yes the rear main is accessible with the trans out . I am a believer , if it's not broke don't fix it .”
Source Thread: http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=60269
sorry to revive an old thread but when you say “vibration in the motor” is it something that will break it? Or just a vibration I can learn to live with? can I just swap the torque converter from my old transmission into the new one? I have a 5.2L motor and found a cheap Trans from a 5.7L. My torque converter from my 5.2L only has 2,000 miles on it.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts