DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone
It is starting to get chilly here in SW TX and I have noticed when my climate control is in auto and the ac is going air is blown out the front vents. When it is cold or I jack up the heat to get the heater blowing it is not coming out the front vents and seems to come out the floor. If I switch off auto then I can get the hear to come out the front vents when that is selected. I will be heading to have my 30,000 mile service and would like to get some thoughts to get the tech headed in the right direction. Thanks folks!

·
Registered
530 Posts
If your selector is on auto and you've turned your temp settings up to where you want heat, your AC light should not be on. On my 15 on auto, I set the temp settings up to 74 and AC light is NOT on. If your settings are for heat and AC's on then something is not right with your system. Get it checked out by dealer if you're still under warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. The AC does shut off the issue that I am having is when the heater turns on when on auto it only blows out of the foot vents and not out of the front vents. This is what does not seem to be right. Any thoughts when you have the climate control with the temp high so the heater will turn on which vents does your heat come out?

·
Registered
414 Posts
If you can't turn the a/c off by pushing the off button take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
228 Posts
heat rises and cold air sinks, makes sense that heat switches to floor and ac comes from dash, you'll get the most comfort from the same blast of air that way. I'll check my auto climate setting to see if it does the same. Ever take a turn early on in a drive and feel the bubble of cold air wash into your warmed space?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for checking. That just seems odd to me to have the heat come only out of the floor. The one time I needed the heat in my truck in Oct I roasted my feet trying to get the rest of the cab warm. I guess now just need to figure out if there is a way to oreride it. Thanks for the info have a good one.

·
Registered
15,696 Posts
on my 8.4 screen i have a setting for floor and vents for heat. on my 11 sport with manual controls, i had the same setting. worked with the ac in summer and heat in winter.

·
Registered
228 Posts
on my 8.4 screen i have a setting for floor and vents for heat. on my 11 sport with manual controls, i had the same setting. worked with the ac in summer and heat in winter.
Yes, I can go into my climate page and select a number of different vents. I also selected a setting that turns on steering wheel and seat heat automatically on start up if the temps are low. I think the auto function defaults to floor vents but there might be a way to change that, haven't tried. It isn't an issue to over ride. Biggest struggle I have is forgetting and leaving the front defrost on till my face is on fire, dang it is hot in here.

·
Registered
15,696 Posts
Yes, I can go into my climate page and select a number of different vents. I also selected a setting that turns on steering wheel and seat heat automatically on start up if the temps are low. I think the auto function defaults to floor vents but there might be a way to change that, haven't tried. It isn't an issue to over ride. Biggest struggle I have is forgetting and leaving the front defrost on till my face is on fire, dang it is hot in here.
but your windshield stays clear!

·
Premium Member
2013 RAM Laramie Crew Cab
3,444 Posts
Every vehicle I have owned with auto climate ac comes out of the vents and heat comes out the floor. Heat never comes out of the vents. Even my 1972 Lincoln does that. I think the mistake people make is thinking if they put the temp setting all the way up or down the heat or ac will be faster. That is not the case. Just set whatever temp you are comfortable with and forget about it. Let the auto climate do its job.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts