DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so its time to buy my CAI and my main threat is the volant. Do any others compare to it for the price? What others are just as good or should I stick to my stock box modified??

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What's the real advatsge with gears? Better acceleration?

Yes Sean just my stock one until you Fab one for me :)

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
vararam made a new the air graber, some are trying it right now

im running k&n, love the new sound it makes,. :) also the more responsive throttle

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Yes Sean just my stock one until you Fab one for me :)
Mine first, yours second....sorry but I'm slightly selfish when it comes to my truck.

I don't think the vararam fits the 3rd gen but I'm not positive. I would pick a closed box intake myself, or stick with stock and a drop in and modify it somehow.

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm I'm leaning towards the volant, nothing but good reviews

Veraram I've heard bad

What do the gears do??

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
More acceleration.....just like going from the small ring on a mountain bike to a bigger one...easier to pedal up hills! :)

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
The Vararam on the third gen takes a little extra mounting support to make it last. Power wise...it is on top or very near as far as results go. I would get a Volant for the 3rd gen if it were me!

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Like Timmy said, gearing will help you accelerate quicker. It's a torque multiplier. Just be careful because there is a such thing as over gearing.

·
Registered
2020 Ram Sport, night edition
1,519 Posts
What have you heard bad about Vararam?? I'm trying to decide between that and Volant now that it's tax return time.
I cannot comment on the vararam but on the volant for 4th gen I can and it is ALL bad the fit just sucks for a 400 dollar plus part the response to my several emails was ZERO... no reply whatsoever! If you want a volant I'd sell you mine and buy the vararam in a heartbeat

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm ready to pull the trigger also, I've installed a CAI on my previous 2 hemis and I'm well aware of the benefits that the RAM will recieve.
Based on the reviews of so many others (especially you CRASH) I will NOT buy the Volant. I'm not paying that kind of cash for a part with a design flaw.

The Vararam seems like it has great functionality, I'm just not ready to stick that thing on there.

I'm considering waiting for the S&B Filters CAI system to be released. I like the enclosed design, and it appears to be a high quality piece of equipment at a reasonable price. Other than they get released on 3-15-12, Does anyone have any feedback on these?

·
Registered
941 Posts
That S&B looks really nice, I would wait. If I never was able to get my BFI I would get one of those!

·
Registered
896 Posts
speaking on behalf of the third gens, I put a Volant on mine and won't turn back. the fit is a little off for the box yes, but once everything is tightened down it doesn't move at all.. the benefits of it are more than evident. I coupled it with my Flowmaster exhaust (both were installed same day) and I couldn't be happier with the increase from these two mods. so for a third gen, though i might be slightly biased, i did take the time to pour through all the threads about CAI's and for the third gen it seems the Volant is the best to do. i even put a write up of the install, it's easy as can be (besides a drop in of course they are the easiest)

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks guys really. All this feedback is great to hear. I'm still on the volant, its enclosed it looms great and my friend loves his.

Tim- OK sweet gears Will be in the future I'm sure ill post a thread for help haha thanks again!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just installed the Volant in my 2011 and it was definitely a trying experience. The instructions were not the greatest especially for someone like me who has no experience with mods. Thanks to Brad12kx and his thread which helped out a lot!!!
http://ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=93848&highlight=volant+install

I did have some trouble getting the Volant to fit at first but now that it's in place, it's not going anywhere. Mine actually fits pretty well once I got it under the AC pipe. I just hope I never have to remove it now. =)

After the install, I started my baby up and noobie me was expecting to hear a difference. It wasn't until I got on the road and let it open and man does it sound so much better. So take your time (and a few beers) with the install and I guarantee you will be happy.

Like I said, I am a noobie here so I have no basis for comparison with other CAIs. I just like the look and the massive PowerCore filter of the Volant. I could have sat on the boards all day going back and forth, like I am currently doing for other mods :(, so I just pulled the trigger on the Volant. And I got my Volant for under $300 with free shipping/

1 - 20 of 21 Posts