DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These came in today from **********************! JBA LT's with silver ceramic coating and catless Y pipe. Going to install these bad boys Tuesday! Ready for the HP gains!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,810 Posts
Where did you get them? The forum blanked out the website you posted. You have to break it up so it can be seen. Are you going to get a custom tune to get the most from them?

·
Registered
7,810 Posts
Please give us an update on how they perform. I want to do that too.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Moes performance dot com! Paid for Friday and received today. Mr Jay greene is my ram tuner, for sure the best in the business. This is my final bolt on...then going with Jay's 1.5 CAM(biggest I can go on stock converter)!! I will post an update mid next week.

·
Registered
7,810 Posts
Are you doing the cam after the header install or at the same time?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After. I want see how exactly how much gain comes from each mod. Not to mention all the labor ahead of me lol....split the work load...cam most likely early next year.

·
Registered
7,810 Posts
Do you have 2wd or 4wd?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
4 wheel drive. 8 speed trans. CAI. 87MM TB(ported). 180 T stat. Clutch fan delete. Active grill shutter delete. Custom tunes from Jay Greene.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, I just come across you post on torque converters! Very nice post! So stock 2017 Hemi Ram I should have stock stall of 2400 rpms is what I gathered...I do have the 3.21 gears with large tires (double whammy). I guess I'll do it right and try to find the correct torque converter to match my future upgrade cam. 3200-3400 stall is probably where I'll end up. Any suggestions on where to buy a good quality compatible torque converter? Thanks!

·
Registered
5,834 Posts
Wow, I just come across you post on torque converters! Very nice post! So stock 2017 Hemi Ram I should have stock stall of 2400 rpms is what I gathered...I do have the 3.21 gears with large tires (double whammy). I guess I'll do it right and try to find the correct torque converter to match my future upgrade cam. 3200-3400 stall is probably where I'll end up. Any suggestions on where to buy a good quality compatible torque converter? Thanks!
I got mine custom made, but that's only because my transmission is very very uncommon for performance use. Places like PTC and other big name shops are all great to go with, just make sure they are a large company and you will be fine.

I personally always like to make sure whoever is making the unit provides good details into welding and materials used. My unit is a billet item to prevent ballooning that can kill the engine, I have personally seen it happen to two cars.

·
Registered
7,810 Posts
What size tires do you have?

·
Registered
32 Posts
The JBA's with the high flow ypipe perform well. I have the JBA 1&7/8 LT, the JBA Ypipe, Moes 87mm throttle body, Moes Catch Can, K&N intake, no cat, Flowmaster supper 44 muffler, stock rear pipes with no resonators, and hp tuned on 93 octane.

**My original hp with K&N intake, Supper 44 muffler, resonator delete was 296hp to the wheels***
I now make 326 at the wheels, that is 30hp over stock. With the setup I have, it pulls really hard on the top end and it hooks really well with 3.55's. This is a 2013 4X4 4 door Express. These are my numbers that you can use to compare with.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did the install today. Took me 6 hours to install. The JBA headers slid right in. Few small issues, but nothing serious. The slip on connection for the Y pipe will need to be welded, I have it bolted together but it's not sealed right. And JBA only supplied me with 2 o2 extensions. So I had to buy the 3rd just now (BBK 1118). Sounds good....immediately tuned it with a tune I received from Jay Greene. Very impressive. V1.5 Cam kit (also from Jay) is in transit now! Will install after teal season is over.

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 345ci 8hp70 44-44 3.92 Truetrac NX Express Comp Greene Racing
1,642 Posts
Can you snap a photo of the leak joints? Is it an alignment problem?

Only thing keeping me from going long tubes vs shorties is the bolt on fitment, having kids under 2 limits my time and patience.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts