DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Already installed the Airaid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer, and Airaid Intake System. Just looking to install JBA Cat4ward Headers, but ive heard from every place i go to, to not install them, they all say they will viod your warranty they leak, or throw codes, and you loose gas mileage!! So now i want someone that has put headers on there 2009-2012 5.7 hemi.. What should i do?

Also looking for some tips for the rest of my exuast, and i can't find a good performance chip set for the 2012 ram, guessing thats because of the new tranny..

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
haven't heard any issues with the new JBA's.....but you wasted your money on the TB spacer

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
not yet....I want a set of ARH long tubes....but that whole money thing keeps getting in the way

·
Registered
628 Posts
I haven't heard of the shorties throwing codes but the long tubes have been. I think they been putting some kinda fouler (whatever there called) to trick the computer. I should be getting my JBA shorties in next week hopefully and installed by next weekend. I think you need to use the search button because there's a but of info out there about the JBA shorties in particular and stop listening to whoever is telling you that your stock manifold is better than an aftermarket. Besides a dealer can't instantly void your warranty, ever heard of the moss magnuson act?

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I've already installed JBA's Cat4ward shorties on my 10' Hemi Ram,
over a week ago, no issues at all, no leaks, no codes...just Power and Torque!

Tons of info and Install pics and tips here:
http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=106126

Doing a friends install today on his Ram, soon as I'm done my morning coffee.

You really should look at getting a Magnaflow Y pipe and Muffler first,
The headers run best when all other restrictions are removed. ;)

oh ya, and ditch the throttle body spacer, do a search for "Fastman Throttle body" ;)

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Already installed the Airaid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer, and Airaid Intake System. Just looking to install JBA Cat4ward Headers, but ive heard from every place i go to, to not install them, they all say they will viod your warranty they leak, or throw codes, and you loose gas mileage!! So now i want someone that has put headers on there 2009-2012 5.7 hemi.. What should i do?

Also looking for some tips for the rest of my exuast, and i can't find a good performance chip set for the 2012 ram, guessing thats because of the new tranny..
who told you all that? the same person that sold you a t/b spacer? My JBAs are on order and I'll add the BRH's thread after my install. On a side note, I've been running JBA longtubes on my car for 3.5 years now with no problems.

the only reason why you'd lose gas mileage is b/c you start driving it harder. your exhaust will sound better and you'll like the new found power. JBA short-tube headers only replace your stock exhaust manifold and nothing else (i.e. cats, O2 sensors) is moved so you won't throw any codes. if you use MOPAR exhaust gaskets and torque the bolts in the correct sequence to the correct specs they will not leak. they won't void your warranty. My vote is to install them and replace your muffler with a magnaflow and it'll feel and sound like a whole new truck.

·
Registered
94 Posts
ya know BlackRamHemi you're making this harder and harder to keep my truck stock- only owned it for a week and my mod list keeps getting longer,,,gonna have to find out about warranty and installing these headers- see if there is any conflict

·
Registered
55 Posts
I installed the JBA headers on my truck about a month ago and have had no issues at all. JBA says right on their website that their shorty headers do NOT void factory warranties.
They should just bolt on and go. All they do is replace the exhaust manifolds, so there will be no issues with codes being thrown, etc.
The quality on the JBA headers is very good. That being said, your installing them correctly and following the directions well will determine whether you have issues with them leaking.
I read quite a few install and review threads about them here before i installed them on my truck and i got mixed reviews on the JBA gaskets. Because of that I decided to order Mopar gaskets ( 05038099AA and 05038098AA ) for headers.
The install on the headers is a bit tedious, but i am very happy with the end result, and the headers are top notch quality wise.
Hope this helps.
--Glenn

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So i should take off the spacer and leave it as is or is the spacer just not worth the money? Or both lol..

Also im ordering the Headers and the y pipe! any other add on's i should do? I want to do it all at once and get it over with..

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
think everyone is using Magnaflow #10778 2.5/3...

I'll be ordering mine shortly...had to buy the wife a Kindle for my bday (yes I bought her stuff for MY bday)...I'll be back stateside next month for my actual bday so it's all good

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.