DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening, I finally received my header yesterday so i am getting ready to start my install. I have been reading all i can about different installs and options. First off i want to keep the truck close to stock sounding but run a little better. Y-pipe study's have not been going good unless you look at another 600 bucks or the ARH system that i just cant see spending that kind of money on. So i have just picked up a complete exhaust system from a 18 6.4L power wagon that had 50 miles on it for another y to cut up if needed for the bends i may need. i plan on cutting and welding my own y pipe from. I do a lot of welding so that part will be fine. I plan on welding in my stock cats to keep the programming down to a minimum. Here in South Carolina i could do with out the Cats but don't know what would need to be done to get the lights out. Don't like lights on the dash.

Any advise is welcome

·
Registered
12 Posts
Make sure your cats aren't too far away from the engine where they won't heat up enough. I have long tube JBA headers with Flowmaster 40s (I think), no cats, and turned down before the rear axle. The style was done by one of the previous owners and yes it's loud. I'd like to make it a tad quicker when I get the time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts