DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my JBA headers and some exhaust, Magnaflow 14" DI/DO and deleted the Y, installed last weekend and crawled under the truck to take some sub-par pics to share with you guys. Definately should have taken them while it was still on the lift :LOL:

Header

Y replaced backside

Y frontside

Muffler

Tips side view

And out the back

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nice, how loud is it? I've got the single in dual out magnaflow 18" on my truck and looking to do a true dual or dual in dual out muffler soon. A video clip would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The guy who ran my exhaust, that's about it. I figured since people are always saying we need to maintain back pressure and some are running X-pipes with the true duals when he suggested run a DI/DO it sounded like it made the most sense.

I was going to run the Magnaflow Y and 3" inlet/2.5' outlet SI/DO like most people are doing but custom not a kit, and like I said the exhaust guy talked me out of it. He didn't say anything bad about it, except they made a unique sort of sound that's just different from duals, and he knows what kind of sound I like.

Only thing he did I was questionable about was run 2.25" piping all the way not 2.5" but it was much easier for him to connect to where he sliced the Y off that way so I'm not complaining. 2.25" the whole way would seemingly still flow better than stock, I guess?

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you don't mind me asking what did the whole setup cost? I know what the headers go for so did you have the shop install them or yourself? Then what did that exhaust setup run you?

·
Registered
84 Posts
And I can't imagine 2.25" pipes making a difference cause the stock dual tailpipes are 2.25" so having anything bigger I would think would be pointless unless you changed those too.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The shop installed the headers for $200, he had to put them on 2 times because I used factory gaskets and he didn't like the heat shield on them because it made one of the bolts impossible the way he was doing it so he cut the shield off. Also I'm taking it back for him to recheck the bolts, so he's kind of doing it 3 times, lol.

The exhaust itself is 2.25" piping with a 2.25" DI/DO 14" chamber and the tips are 4" 15degree angle cut rolled chrome 12" long(I think). No resonators or anything, it's all new piping and that was like $375 total, think the tips were $50.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Wow, you gotta deal on that setup or stuff is way cheaper down there. Shops were quoting me $400 to install the headers, which I did myself in about 4 hours. Could have been three if I had an extra set of hands. And they quoted me $600 to do a dual in dual out muffler. I'm sure exhaust shops are a dime a dozen in Florida which also plays a factor

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The guy that ran it all just does it as a side job but he's a perfectionist when it comes to exhaust. Around here I only know of 3 shops that will do exhaust(he used to work for one) and I wouldn't let but one of them work on my truck.

I priced out running the SI/DO with a Y setup from another shop for like $500 installed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts