DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at some sort of chip for my truck. I was looking into the jet stage 2 until i seen the small print of them wanting u to put a 180 t stat in it and burn 91 octane fuel! delma i live in sd and i think it wouldnt get warm enough to create warm air in the cold winters and i already hate filling up a 30+ gallon fuel tank lil lone with the spendy stuff. i also looked at the stage 1 that still wants u to burn mid grade fuel 89 octane and up and most gas stations have 88 octane for mid grade around where i live.

:4-dontknow:??

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
Do not put a chip in the newer trucks. tuners r the way to go. (diablosport predator, superchips tuner, bully dog tuner)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey guyz, i.jus.bought a stage 2 today...ill.b installing ovr the.weekend, illnlet yaz kno.if.itz.worth.it or not..... (well...my opinion) lol

2002 Ram2500
5.9L 360c.i.
Pro comp.leveler
315/75r16 bfg ta ko
Skyjacker shockz
Hughes 47re trans
Headman shortie headerz
2 1/2" to super 44 dual turn dwnz
Accel ignition coil
K&N coldair intake
Motorvation tb spacer
Champion platinum plugz
Removed swaybarz
Removed spare (4 now...)
A/C delete
Stronger battery (880 cca)
Lucas productz (in EVERYTHING) lol
160° thermostat
Daily driver/ Toy

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
that guy has all those performance upgrades headers, tstat,intake etc...and got a chip for his truck? seems he should have known better.

·
Read Only
181 Posts
Hey guyz, i.jus.bought a stage 2 today...ill.b installing ovr the.weekend, illnlet yaz kno.if.itz.worth.it or not..... (well...my opinion) lol

2002 Ram2500
5.9L 360c.i.
Pro comp.leveler
315/75r16 bfg ta ko
Skyjacker shockz
Hughes 47re trans
Headman shortie headerz
2 1/2" to super 44 dual turn dwnz
Accel ignition coil
K&N coldair intake
Motorvation tb spacer
Champion platinum plugz
Removed swaybarz
Removed spare (4 now...)
A/C delete
Stronger battery (880 cca)
Lucas productz (in EVERYTHING) lol
160° thermostat
Daily driver/ Toy
Why would you remove the sway bar?

·
Registered
5,887 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
he removed all the swaybarz :LOL:
Disconnecting/removing sway bars actually improves axle articulation, but I would only do that on a rock crawler not a DD.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
so how did this chip work out for ya?:4-looney:

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Disconnecting/removing sway bars actually improves axle articulation, but I would only do that on a rock crawler not a DD.
I was purely entertained by the "z"s he was adding. Maybe it's the ramforumZ gettin to him?

·
Registered
938 Posts
I was purely entertained by the "z"s he was adding. Maybe it's the ramforumZ gettin to him?
LOL, you know everything is at least twize azz cool when you add Z's(z)!
:LOL:

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Sorry we ragged you so hard bro, but if your look to up grade anything on your truck just check here BEFORE you buy. I have fond most and best info on and about my truck from here.

·
Premium Member
9,569 Posts
Sorry we ragged you so hard bro, but if your look to up grade anything on your truck just check here BEFORE you buy. I have fond most and best info on and about my truck from here.
I second this I have found alot of good info here, rule of thumb if your not sure check the boards, or just check the boards anyways :LOL:

Thanks
Jeremiah
Discount Auto Performance

1 - 20 of 20 Posts