1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
15,696 Posts
not a brand i am familiar with. since the other big names are unable to crack the chrysler code, i am sure an off brand hasn't been able to do it properly.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Jet chip modules are basically a waste of money, they just trick the computer and dump fuel, doesn't help performance and makes the engine run worse all around.

It looks like they actually may make a real tuner on that site, but I don't know anything about that, just know about the piggyback "chips".

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not worth it they are JUNK

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll hold off then on buying it, but how are they able to recalibrate the timing and fuel without breaking the encryption code?

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
but how are they able to recalibrate the timing and fuel without breaking the encryption code?
I doubt they are able to. What info do you have that says they can?

JET chips usually are piggyback chips that clip onto the ecm/pcm and are not much more than a resistor that changes a or multiple sensor signals and "tricks" the computer to thinking it's running lean, so then the computer adds fuel. This F's up the A/F ratio and is not good for performance, fuel economy, or engine longevity in general. Also it has no effect at WOT anyway because at WOT you are in open loop and sensor input is not used.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The only option for this link is a 2012 6.7 cummings.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
It does let you choose 2011 and 2012 4.7L and 5.7L. I'd almost bet my life it's either an error in their menu selections or they don't know it won't work on those applications. You will likely be disappointed when you get it and it doesn't work...

·
Registered
754 Posts
Until I see a Diablo Sport or Trinity then IMO you are putting bad money against bad money .. the money u wasted on the product.. the money u wasted at the gas pump.. and the money u wasted in dumping fuel into the motor to wash down your engine with.. just saying

·
Registered
15,696 Posts
when edge, hypertech, smart or diablo comes out with something, we will have something to talk about. since they haven't been able to do it in 2 years, i am thinking it is not going to happen.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Isn't Bully Dog big into the diesel end of performance issues with Dodges? If they truly have a real tuner for the gas engine, maybe they got a leg up breaking the code because of their diesel involvement. Just speculating.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Bully dog is decent in diesel from what I understand. They are ok for gas, but sort of pricey for the features you get IMO. I still require proof that it offers real tuning for the gas engines...

·
Registered
219 Posts
and wait, and wait. i bet not until EOY.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Bully Dog is a GREAT company when it comes to diesel. However like previously stated not sure about gas... they are for sure not a knock off company though. As for whats the hold up with EDGE, i will have to ask my buddy. We have an EDGE plant right down the road from me and he is a rep for them so i will have to ask him if they are exploring any products for the RAM

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
^Edge is SC, so I bet until SC gets something done, Edge will have nothing.

·
Registered
262 Posts
the bullydog customer service and tech support said that it will work for the 2011. ill stand next to them thanks guys .
Everything you posted is for the 2010. When I went to the website and selected 2011 the tuner wasn't even an option. Am I missing something? lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts