DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought myself a 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab with the 5.7 Hemi. Coming from a 2007 Chevy 1500 extended cab with the 5.3 engine. Getting it on Wednesday, so soon as they put in a spray-on bed liner, tonneau cover, nurf bars.

Trying to decide, do I order:
1. Bully Dog Triple Dog GT Tuner - http://www.autoanything.com/performance-chips/61A4442A0A0.aspx
2. DiabloSport inTune I-1000 Tuner - http://www.autoanything.com/performance-chips/61A4442A0A0.aspx

I want one that will be good for the truck to help improve gas mileage as much as possible, along with good tech support so if I need to call for assistance.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I've got the trinity and loving it....the ability for custom tunes and also for future mods was the biggest selling point for me.

·
Registered
107 Posts
x2 on the Trinity.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Don't buy a tuner expecting significant increases in MPG. You might get a couple of extra mpgs, but not much more. These things love gas, period. Now with that being said, the tuner will make the truck perform better overall, and as far as which is best, it depends on your long term plans for the truck. If you just want a tuner for a little better fuel economy and don't plan on modding it significantly, I would go with the Bully Dog. If you do plan to mod the truck eventually ( i.e. intake, exhaust, etc.), I would recommend the Diablosport, as it has custom tuning capabilities and can adapt to your mods better. They both have good customer support, so that isn't an issue. Hope this helps with your decision.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Don't buy a tuner expecting significant increases in MPG. You might get a couple of extra mpgs, but not much more. These things love gas, period. Now with that being said, the tuner will make the truck perform better overall, and as far as which is best, it depends on your long term plans for the truck. If you just want a tuner for a little better fuel economy and don't plan on modding it significantly, I would go with the Bully Dog. If you do plan to mod the truck eventually ( i.e. intake, exhaust, etc.), I would recommend the Diablosport, as it has custom tuning capabilities and can adapt to your mods better. They both have good customer support, so that isn't an issue. Hope this helps with your decision.
+1 On this .......:smileup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts