DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share...$150 off an under the rail spray in liners when you purchase the UV coating. The local Line-X quoted me $470, minus the $150, and minus 20% military discount. That means I can get a Line-X installed for about $250.

Hmm...

·
Registered
131 Posts
I would jump on it too. Can't get Line-X in Savannah to return a call so I may get the Rhino Liner instead. Over the rails and Under the rails is just what it say right? Wonder which is better.

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well problem with over the rail on the new rams is you cant do it because of the bed caps. it looks funny as hell. Unfortunately, I cannot afford it at the moment...something major just happened in the family and I had to spend a big chunk of my mad money elsewhere. But I thought I would let other members know whats up.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thought I would share...$150 off an under the rail spray in liners when you purchase the UV coating. The local Line-X quoted me $470, minus the $150, and minus 20% military discount. That means I can get a Line-X installed for about $250.

Hmm...
It's unfortunate you can't use it, that's an awesome price. I was quoted $500.00 over the rail on my 2011. The only problem is I have to remove the factory bed rails, which if I had a coupon like that I would do in an instant.

·
Premium Member
32,663 Posts
under the plastic rail caps, Dodge left a extremely uneven rail, a bunch of recessed areas, holes, clips, etc, looks like crap, that is why they put on the plastic rail caps, i don't know why they didn't give us a smooth rail, maybe for mounting a camper or something

only way to fix it & make it look decent, is to buy metal rail caps, then you can have the over the rail spray done & it looks great

·
Registered
11 Posts
under the plastic rail caps, Dodge left a extremely uneven rail, a bunch of recessed areas, holes, clips, etc, looks like crap, that is why they put on the plastic rail caps, i don't know why they didn't give us a smooth rail, maybe for mounting a camper or something

only way to fix it & make it look decent, is to buy metal rail caps, then you can have the over the rail spray done & it looks great
My Line-X guy said to remove the Rail Caps, spray the liner over the rail and then replace the railcaps, If you can't use the old ones, new ones are about $30.00 per side from Mopar. I want to put a Canopy on my box but I had a concern about movement of the factory rail cap on the rail, wearing away the paint. The idea was to remove the factory rail cap, spray the rail with Line-x, and then replace it, that way if the rail cap moves with the canopy on it, it can't wear away the paint because the rail is protected with the Line-X.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts