DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting to do this for a while and seeing as how it's low-risk, I figured what the hell. It was extremely easy. I didn't even use a spray gun. I have ZERO painting experience. Took 2 days and about 4 coats all the way around when all said and done.

Next I want to lower it, then get some rims!

Made a video if you're into that kinda thing :smileup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvEfvScz_FE

Pics:

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
I'm not a fan of PD but looks pretty good. Looks like you did a quality job too.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
That looks awesome!!! :smileup: great job man

·
Registered
362 Posts
I knew someone would be serious when they said they'd plastidip their entire truck lol. Looks great man and you did a great job! Just curious....how many cans of dip did you use?

EDIT: Sorry, just watched the video lol. Took 19 cans.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
haha looks nice

i cant believe someone actually did this!!...it reminds me of the guy who was going to line-x his whole truck!!!:LOL:

·
Registered
628 Posts
When I read the title I thought , oh no please dont be for real. But I gotta be honest I think it looks really good. I dig the flat black look, nice work and rep points for having the bagonyas to do it.

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
54,291 Posts
Wow, I was wondering when/if someone was actually going to do this! I'm not a fan of PD, either, but have to say, you did a great job with it!

- Cajun

·
Registered
938 Posts
Looks pretty good. Now you need to lower it and put some matte-black SRT-10's on it! Oh, and replace that rear bumper!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks pretty good. Now you need to lower it and put some matte-black SRT-10's on it! Oh, and replace that rear bumper!!
lol, I know. That dented bumper needs to go! :smiledown: haha

LOWERED!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Wow... That looks amazing! I was thinking if it was possible, and how it would look. U did an excellent job. If u hadn't have said it i would've thought ud done it many times before. The only reason i clicked on the post was to see how messed up it looked but i have to say that u proved me wrong. Looks great!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I have to say I'm incredibly impressed with your results, particularly using RATTLE CANS! Reps for that :smileup:

I'm not interested in doing the whole truck like you but I've been thinking this might be an interesting way to give a truck the Laramie style, two-tone look. From watching Fonzie's DipYourCar videos though, I was thinking a sprayer system would be needed to get the desired results.

The pictures look great! Is the finish as smooth up close as it looks in the pictures? If you were doing this again what would you do differently?

DipYourCar claims after the Pastidip cures it becomes much more durable, they even run a car through a commercial car wash; it would be great if you could post a few times down the road to let us know how it's holding up?

Again, great job!

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
haha looks nice

i cant believe someone actually did this!!...it reminds me of the guy who was going to line-x his whole truck!!!:LOL:
except he actually followed through with it and posted evidence!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts