DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded my gmc sierra crew cab 4x4 for a white R/T. I got a smoking deal on this truck and trade and i love mopars but honestly i didn't even know this truck existed till 3 weeks ago. LOL Anyway here's my question. I ordered a kn cold air intake and the mufflex muffler delete for it. Is this truck a 13 second truck with these mods???? i plan on getting the diablo programmer if that ever gets released as well. I'm really not worried about making this truck crazy fast as i have a 1999 dodge viper gts acr that is my play toy but id like to know that the truck is cable of running 13's.
Thanks,
Sean

·
Registered
135 Posts
Congrats on the new R/T!!!

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
i would have to say no on the 13's as to where we cant get a programmer but maybe with slicks who knows

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
so when a programmer becomes available do you think that will make the truck into a 13 sec truck. im talking 13.9 here not 13.0 flat. also i just found this on youtube its a stock rt runs 13.77 wtf http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI2N9WddjNI
Dont think any stock r/t runs that low the 2010 and lower have programers but i have mine lowered and the cai and ive got it to 14.2

But could be wrong who knows with a goos launch and weather anything is possible

·
Registered
160 Posts
Unless you have really lousy air, the R/T should be capable of 13s easily.
I've run 14.3s (altitude corrected 14.2s) with my 2011 Express, no tuner, stock exhaust, stock intake, 3.55 gears. Only mods were lighter 17s on front, Sonnax line pressure booster and Moroso catch can. I have since put 17s on back (had to get speedo calibrator to keep from hitting top speed govenor before end of the 1/4 mile), 180 t-stat and removed the clutch fan. I am going to MIR this weekend (weather permitting) and am expecting to it run uncorrected 13.9s. An R/T with its 4.10 gears should smoke me.

·
Registered
518 Posts
dodge ram rt mid 13s 1/4 mile run eazly

my truck ran 18.9 stock have not ran since i added all mods

Attachments

·
Registered
626 Posts
Congrats on your new rt brah

·
Registered
518 Posts
Dodge ram rt 1/4 mile run

Sorry its 13.9 was tired that night. Wow if it was 18.9 never would have bought the truck ha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts