DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
What I am use to looking at is a bit different. But basically we aim for the "green" and its good. I personally am a bit more picky and see if I can get dead nuts centered. But the range is there for a reason.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I am use to looking at is a bit different. But basically we aim for the "green" and its good. I personally am a bit more picky and see if I can get dead nuts centered. But the range is there for a reason.
Yeah I thought the printed page was a bit odd. I'm also confused as to why they just adjusted the toe and not anything else. The truck is currently slightly pulling to the right.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Nothing else was "out of window". Toe is most prevalent for a pull in steering. Caster can, but would have to be way more out of whack from one side to the other than point 4%. Tire pressures and what is sometimes called bias or belt pull which is a manufacture issue in the tire. If it feels worse than before you took it in, you paid for it to be rite so they should make it rite. Here is a read on tire pull.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well, green is not necessarily good. It can still cause a pull. If the technician has any ethics, he will spend the time to check tire pressure first and the do the full alignment. Not just toe n go. I'd take it back and tell em to redo it not just to n go.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Well all I can do is "teach" them the right way, I cant force them to do it once they leave class. LOL First thing I teach is tire condition to inspect. Pressures and existing condition. If a tire is already worn strange or odd pattern, most times an alignment will not correct, because the tires your trying to use as your platform are already causing problems. Then suspension parts and shocks. You are correct on tire pressure, I did a demo on what 4 psi difference in front could do to you. Throws not only toe off but it threw the camber out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts