DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2/4 kit just came in the mail today! I have a few more questions for you guys, How was the install? Did you do it yourself? I have a buddy that lowered his S10 and he said he'll give me a hand but I'm not sure if I want to try this or just pay a shop. How many hours did it take? Also the instructions say to remove the rear sway bar so I need to remount it or what? Any tips would be great, I appreciate all the help. THANKS! :smiley_thumbs_up:

P.S. What did your kit come with? Mine came with four coils, four shocks, and four bump stops.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
It is really easy....

no on the rear sway bar removal...unless it's somehow different from quad/crew to single cab.

Get a spring compressor for the front end, it will help a lot! And don't forget to only cut off the front bumpstop cups, not all four!

·
Registered
51 Posts
What Tim said. Plus, get a stubby 13/16" wrench. It'll make things much easier for the rear upper shock mounts.

I installed mine last Friday by myself in about 4 hours taking my time and without air tools. Two hours of that was wrestling with the rear shocks. With the right tools it could be done in three hours.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Was wondering if anybody did a before and after measurement of both the front and rear ?

How about the ride.......about the same, worse, better ?

I just noticed Summit Racing will have the kit in about Feb. 24.

How about some pics ?

Joe M.

·
Registered
571 Posts
My tracking number shows my kit was delivered today. I can't wait to get home and. Check it out. I ordered the belltech 963sp from autoplicity for $384 shipped. Now I have to find time to install.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Hello my name is eric lee and i have a question about the same kit. Is the new spring suppose to be straight when the weight of the truck goes back down on it mine appear to be a little off center. I also have installed a spacer to allow the rear of te truck to sit a little higher. Other question is would the spacer help keep the truck from sitting low under a load. Any help would be welcomed thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Eric , welcome to Ram Forumz , i would like to see some pictures when your done. Just double check my springs " Just installed the same kit " it sits straight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.