DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got the fog light kit ( 82211694ab ) since i dont have the bumper were you can fit fog lights so went with this kit instead. and i dont have tow hooks. has a plastic insert. for now i modified the plastic insert to fit around the fog lights so i dont have gapping holes. seems like a straight forward install. still waiting for new yellow replacement bulbs for this kit. maybe by this weekend will finish install. but will need to wait to get system flashed for moneys tight. and hoping regular lights werk till than. dealer here wants 115.00 for this process. also never werked on this type of fuse box were its on top of the TIPM. so very learly for truck still has a warranty on it.:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
59 Posts
just got the fog light kit ( 82211694ab ) since i dont have the bumper were you can fit fog lights so went with this kit instead. and i dont have tow hooks. has a plastic insert. for now i modified the plastic insert to fit around the fog lights so i dont have gapping holes. seems like a straight forward install. still waiting for new yellow replacement bulbs for this kit. maybe by this weekend will finish install. but will need to wait to get system flashed for moneys tight. and hoping regular lights werk till than. dealer here wants 115.00 for this process. also never werked on this type of fuse box were its on top of the TIPM. so very learly for truck still has a warranty on it.:4-dontknow:
I just went through this and you will find the instructions on where to put the wires do not apply to our 2011's. The TIPM changed in 2011. You need to put the wires in the GREY plug in there not the GREEN one. and use slots 11 and 16. You will find two black wires in those slots when you pull it out but those dead end in the loom and you just remover them.

Here's a pick of the plug you want all apart ready to put the wires in.

And done with the Fog wires in it:

Notice where the fog wires are, the Red/White one is in slot 11 and the Yellow/white one is in slot 16.

Good luck. To bad your dealer is rapeing you. Mine only charged me $15 to flash mine.

·
Registered
718 Posts
He is correct the 2011 TIPM is different than the 09-10s. Most of the mopar directions do not show this.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the inserts for 2011 fog lights

on the inserts of the 2011 without tow hooks and when install oem fog lights you can save the insert and use to fill the hole. i just cut were fog lights will go and used the same holes to put the pieces back in. did make a minor mistake on the insert that i cut were the tow hooks go should of them a little longer and use the bolt for fog light for one more secure spot. will be posting pic's when done with this install. :thk:

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Yeah if you have any pics please post em......

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
:worthless:

Exco

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes will need help.mine instructions say wires go into ports 23 & 24. but reading these posts it says 11 & 16 very confusing.

·
Registered
59 Posts
yes will need help.mine instructions say wires go into ports 23 & 24. but reading these posts it says 11 & 16 very confusing.
Not as bad as it may seem. Follow the instructions till you get in the TIPM and you will see the green plug they talk about, behind that towards the fire wall is a grey plug with 16 slots. It is the only grey one in there i believe. Looks like this:

There will be two black wires in those slots. They go to no where just take them out and put your two wires from the fog plugs in there. and attach your ground wire where the instructions say.

To replace the switch in the cab just reach up from behind and squeeze the tabs and it will pop right out.

Go to dealer and have flashed and you are golden!

Basically the instructions are right except for the placement of these two wires. the instructions are for 2009's. Take your instructions with you when you go to the dealer also. Mine had to look at mine to get the right sales code to enter.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
will do and thank you for your help. the job u did on urs looks great. now will have to get new insert and dremel tool to do like u did. great job. but will install lights today and try to post pic's

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thank You for all your help. still have issue with wires on how to get them into place. but did splice them onto black wires. should be fine. will be checking for better rate to get system flashed. would post pic but hope link will do for now.
http://www.ramforumz.com/PHOTOPOST/showphoto.php/photo/9898
Looks good. Wire splice should be OK but that gauge wire on those blacks ones is alot smaller than the fog wires. Have the dealer put them in the plug if you can't.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Can someone take an up close picture of the dremeled bezel you all cut to fit the lights? I want to see how it looks up close. Thanks!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts