DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with the SRT Chrysler support team in Michigan. They are a very nice bunch of people. Anywho, I called to ask them/suggest to them about adding the RAM to their line-up. They responded VERY well to my input and took all of my suggestions to paper. They said that they have been hearing from several RAM owners asking them to add a RAM truck to their line-up. They want more feed back from US!!! They are reading the forums and gathering information, so why not tell them you want to see the RAM in the SRT line-up again soon as well. I thought I would post a thread to encourage you all to call in to give them suggestions. They are listening and waiting to hear from us. I will include their information below if you would like to contribute or have ideas for them:

http://www.drivesrt.com/

Their toll-free number to reach them is 855-SRT-TEAM (855-778-8326) operates Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-8 p.m. (EST) and on Saturday from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. (EST).

·
Registered
564 Posts
That would be sweet

·
Registered
718 Posts
About 700 hp 4 wheel drive crew cab.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
About 700 hp 4 wheel drive crew cab.
Hey way to go man..I for one would trade in my 3 week old ram if they SRT RAM out right now
Never really been one for racing, but I have a mental image of what it would look like
Let me tell you, I'm ready for one!!!
That would be sweet

YAH, I can envision it as well!!! In the words of Tim Allen:
":158:HOHOHOHOHOHO:158:"

Give them a buzz and see what they say!!!;)

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
but seriouly

i would like the 6.4Lhemi, big brakes, available in 4x4 and or 2x4 (so everyone is happy)reg cab and crew cab,..

and of course the exterior needs some srt stuff... like wheels badges, hood spoilers,..

and all of that for no more than 5000 to 7000 more price tag

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
This truck needs to beat the crap out of the craptor/lightning

It needs:

-4x4 (Actually, AWD).
-650hp Viper V10 from the new viper, up tuned to 700+.
-RCSB, QC and CC models
-Carbon Fiber a lot of things!
-Red leather reminiscent of the new viper.
-A REAL sport suspension. lowered 4x4 is ok, we are looking for handling-enhancing AWD here, not a true, rock-crawlin, mud-boggin' 4x4.

Make it look like the baddest 4th gen you have ever SEEN, and for god's sake, make it available in Viper Blue.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This truck needs to beat the crap out of the craptor/lightning

It needs:

-4x4 (Actually, AWD).
-650hp Viper V10 from the new viper, up tuned to 700+.
-RCSB, QC and CC models
-Carbon Fiber a lot of things!
-Red leather reminiscent of the new viper.
-A REAL sport suspension. lowered 4x4 is ok, we are looking for handling-enhancing AWD here, not a true, rock-crawlin, mud-boggin' 4x4.

Make it look like the baddest 4th gen you have ever SEEN, and for god's sake, make it available in Viper Blue.
but seriouly

i would like the 6.4Lhemi, big brakes, available in 4x4 and or 2x4 (so everyone is happy)reg cab and crew cab,..

and of course the exterior needs some srt stuff... like wheels badges, hood spoilers,..

and all of that for no more than 5000 to 7000 more price tag
+1 nothing less than that :smileup:
Like I said in my SRT-8 Post..I'm in!!! MORE POWER!!!

LOVE IT!!! Now everyone give them a call and let them know!!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Don't forget the 2500! Stuff a 392 and an 8 speed in it! Duals flattened (ala NASCAR) out one side. Massive brakes. Mild lift. Take advantage of the big diesel hood with some fresh air. LED cab lights built into the roof not on top. Put some real leather inside with some real (think Recaro) adjustment. Work with Alpine to REALLY put a system in the thing (think Type R's).

·
Banned
61 Posts
No Viper engine...would be awesome, but makes it too expensive and impractical. Would love to see the 392 in a 2wd street version and a 4wd off-road version.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No Viper engine...would be awesome, but makes it too expensive and impractical. Would love to see the 392 in a 2wd street version and a 4wd off-road version.
That isn't such a bad idea and the 4x4 offroad package would be kind of cool too... Give them a call and let them know. They are a really easy bunch to speak to on the phone. I enjoyed a 20 min conversation with a very knowledgeable support member. I got a follow-up email the other day as well letting me know that my suggestions were talked about by the top brass. I think they really are interested in hearing from us and would appreciate the call if you get a chance. I encourage everyone who has an idea to make a call. You will have a very good conversation and it will be about something we are all passionate about- Our Ram trucks!!!:smileup:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Don't forget the 2500! Stuff a 392 and an 8 speed in it! Duals flattened (ala NASCAR) out one side. Massive brakes. Mild lift. Take advantage of the big diesel hood with some fresh air. LED cab lights built into the roof not on top. Put some real leather inside with some real (think Recaro) adjustment. Work with Alpine to REALLY put a system in the thing (think Type R's).
DUDE, I am thinking any NASCAR styled designed and engineered truck would be bad to the bone!!!:4-looney:Man I would love to see that for sure!!! Great idea and why not give them a buzz and tell them there are a few of us who would like to see something like that come out of their plant. I'm sure I am not the only one to agree with you on that:smileup:

·
Registered
123 Posts
The biggest thing is if a SRT Ram comes out is it has to be cost effective. It can't be so expensive that the average person has no chance of owning one. Look at the 2012 SRT8 jeep when it came out it was and maybe still is close to 20,000.00 more then there next top model the Overlander. Not sure if many people could afford a SRT Ram if it was 20,000.00 over a Laramie Longhorn edition. Just food for thought and oh yeah it has to be 4x4 or AWD so we can drive them all year round.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The biggest thing is if a SRT Ram comes out is it has to be cost effective. It can't be so expensive that the average person has no chance of owning one. Look at the 2012 SRT8 jeep when it came out it was and maybe still is close to 20,000.00 more then there next top model the Overlander. Not sure if many people could afford a SRT Ram if it was 20,000.00 over a Laramie Longhorn edition. Just food for thought and oh yeah it has to be 4x4 or AWD so we can drive them all year round.
Quite right sir, quite right!!! Let them know, I couldn't afford it now anyway unless I would be willing to give up my truck now and I am not through playing around with her yet to make that choice. Just saying... I would still love to see the SRT team give us SOMETHING instead of nothing which is the case right now... Even if it is just adding the "big three"- tuner, exhaust, CAI, and a cam, headers, and a stroke without a supercharger would be great (I would rather see it with a s.c. but that would leave us with something we can play with ourselves right? LOL.. it would be nice to see it on the road. Make it look like it is kind of squatting and ready to run at any given light but still tough enough to handle any terrain.... OH yah, I am daydreaming again- ahhhhhhh...lol.:LOL:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not trying to ruin peoples dreams but 700hp in a pickup truck is just stupid because it is unusable. All it would do is wheel spin all day and when you would try to corner, it would understeer like crazy because of the weight balance. Maybe if you put a staggered tire setup with at least 355 width rear tires it would work.

For the SRT-Ram to be reasonable and at a sub $50k price:
Big brake kit, at 14-15" Brembos
470hp+ 6.4L Hemi
Coilovers in the front from Bilstein
Lowered springs in the rear
LSD and upgrade rear axle

1 - 20 of 45 Posts