DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ram 1500 express
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pumped to say I just ordered the carven progressive muffler with the 5in black tips. Will send pics when finished. Would like to hear thoughts on next mod.

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,245 Posts
I'm pumped to say I just ordered the carven progressive muffler with the 5in black tips. Will send pics when finished. Would like to hear thoughts on next mod.
Nice! Look forward to seeing the pics. As far as next mod, the Pedal Commander was all the rage here for a while. I don't believe I've read a bad review from anyone here who has one.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Personally, I think it depends on the long game... a pedal commander will be relegated to the bin if you go tuned. Decide what you are going to be happy spending and then back into the mods based on that.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the progressive without tips and love it. I want to get tips but don't expect them to change much besides looks. Have you noticed any difference?

I also have the pedal commander, great mod, but like said if you are custom tuning later might go that way instead

·
Registered
7,810 Posts
You could do some long tube headers next.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Headers for sure. Get her breathing right first. Like mentioned, pedal commander will end up in the bin eventually....just like my superchips F5 tuner once I get the juice.

·
Registered
56 Posts
So what exactly is a progressive exhaust? I've got a cherry bomb extreme and it sounds great but it's got a little drone around 1500-1600 rpms not too bad tho and it sounds badass.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Personally, I think it depends on the long game... a pedal commander will be relegated to the bin if you go tuned. Decide what you are going to be happy spending and then back into the mods based on that.
Headers for sure. Get her breathing right first. Like mentioned, pedal commander will end up in the bin eventually....just like my superchips F5 tuner once I get the juice.

Not sure why your Pedal Commanders would end up in the bin, unless you meant that figuratively. There are plenty of people here who would buy them from you when you're finished with them. That's how I talked myself into buying one. I don't want to tune my truck until the factory warranty expires, so I'm enjoying it for 3 years then selling it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I meant if he were to get a tune in the future then the pedal Commander would have to either be sold or simply taken out. like I said it just depends on your end game and what your plans are for the truck.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I meant if he were to get a tune in the future then the pedal Commander would have to either be sold or simply taken out. like I said it just depends on your end game and what your plans are for the truck.
You can still use both. I still use my pedal commander with my custom tune. Even though you can make the same adjustment with the tune, there are times when its nice to be able to do it on the fly. Like when my wife needs to use my truck.... i put the commander on ECO mode so that shes not busting tires loose all the time.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Is the pedal Commander worth the $$$???
I am new and have looked at it without really knowing much about it
Who all owns one and feels it is effective in regards to performance

1 - 18 of 18 Posts