DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in 2000 I bought my first and possibly only new vehical a 2001 Ram 1500 Offroad.I had loved the style for years and love the fact it had a solid front axel and was simple to work on.I planned to keep this truck for a very long time.The first problem was the bed paint was too thin(fixed under warrenty)you could see thru it.Then it was the headlight,clockspring,and feul sending unit,then then warrenty went out.Then the dash pad at 40k the torque converter at 45k then the evaperator core,rear diff,oil pan"nut inside brake loose",heater core,front axel u joints,timing cover gasket,water pump,clutch fan,drivers seat motor,Transmission"2nd gear band went out",the 2nd rear diff,radiator,belt tensioner and possibly a few other things I may have forgotten.All this before 130k WTF.My last dodge was a 87 ram that was near bullet proof,What happened to quality?This truck is driven to work and back and rarely tows,maybe once a year and ALL maintence has been done.
Rant over thanks for listening.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems with your ram i had a 2000 rc sb 4x4 and only had the dash crack issue that every one else has, and had to replace the water pump....yours must have been made on a monday or a friday

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
54,093 Posts
I don't know anybody that wouldn't accept a donation lol but yeah that sucks, quite the list of problems there. My '81 was pretty much bullet proof as well and so far with my current truck, I've been lucky (knocking on wood as I throw salt over my shoulder lol) and the issues have been few and minor, and only one I had to use my extended warranty, but I agree with raceram9, yours must have been built on Monday or Friday.

- Cajun

·
Banned
7,866 Posts
I don't know anybody that wouldn't accept a donation lol but yeah that sucks, quite the list of problems there. My '81 was pretty much bullet proof as well and so far with my current truck, I've been lucky (knocking on wood as I throw salt over my shoulder lol) and the issues have been few and minor, and only one I had to use my extended warranty, but I agree with raceram9, yours must have been built on Monday or Friday.

- Cajun
NO CUTS! I'm tellin'!

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
54,093 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am a master mechanic so nobody is pulling the wool over my eyes.I swear I have gone into a junkyard,worked on a vehicle for a weekend and had more reliable vehicles.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
sorry to hear about all of the issues with your truck, hopefully you can get them recitified in a costly manor

·
Registered
793 Posts
wow, must have been built on a monday or friday lol. this is my 3rd winter ownning my 99 ram, and so far i've only had to change the right front axle joint, left rear wheel cylinder, rear u-joint, and left front ball joints, but those are all regular wear items, and i beat the hell outta my truck lol

·
Registered
666 Posts
My first Ram was a (new) 2007 1500 Laramie and I had non-stop problems with the truck... a list of crap went wrong/broke/didn't work right that was incredible. I swore I'd never buy another Ram but I had become friends with my service adviser (go figure, I saw him more than my girlfriend thanks to that POS) and they made me a great deal on the '10 1500 I have now.

Love this truck, haven't had a bit of trouble with it! I guess it's the luck of the draw...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts