DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know what I'd love to see? I'd love to see Dodge come out with another SS/T truck. In my mind, it'd be a RCSB 2wd truck with 4.10 gears and the 6.4 Hemi that they're putting in the SRT Chally's. And, if they did have the tranny for it, they should put an option for a 6 speed manual, or the new 8 speed ZF automatic to make sure all that power makes it to the wheels.

I honestly think since Dodge is trying harder to win the in Sports car market with the new 392 Chally's, they should make a sports truck as well. I would think of it as being a step up from an R/T like they do with their cars as well. So you'd have your ST's, SLT's, Sports, Laramies, R/T's, and then the SS/T's. I'd just love to see them come out with the SS/T's like they did back when.

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
I tend to agree for the most part. Though I'd love to see both the RT and the new SS/T that you're proposing available in the Crew Cab so that those of us who would've opted for the upper performance level but still need the CC would have a shot at it too

Exco

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tend to agree for the most part. Though I'd love to see both the RT and the new SS/T that you're proposing available in the Crew Cab so that those of us who would've opted for the upper performance level but still need the CC would have a shot at it too

Exco
Okay, yeah, I see what you're saying. That would be awesome to have a family truck that'll still haul some ass!

·
Registered
542 Posts
If I remember correctly the ss/t was mostly a appearance package, yes they said they tuned it and put a different exhaust on it and rated at 250hp when the base 360 was rated at 230hp or so.

IMO leave the ss/t alone hell it only ran for 2 years and it more rare than the SRT-10s hell they lead to the SRT-10s IMO , whats wrong with the R/T? they have everything you wanted RCSB, 4.10 rear a low 14 second truck right off the showroom floor for a round 32k and if you want a QC buy a sport and change the rear end gear and tq converter if ya need to

and lets not forget about the new adventurer a stripped down version of the R/T but with a different rear gear but that can be easily fixed

now I will agree with you on offering a 6 speed manual. The T-56 tranny that was in the SRT-10s and the vipers would work behind the HEMI pretty damn well. AS for the 6.4 making it to the RAM I would like to see it as well and offer it as a SRT-8 in line with the Chargers, Challengers and 300s

but If I was the MAN at RAM with the new VIPER coming out soon I would lobby my ass off to build another SRT-!0 RAM
8.3l v-10
6 speed tranny
4.56 4-link rear
brembo brakes slotted/ drilled roters /brake cooling ducts, lowered stance
22" rims and tires
offered only in a RCSB

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
If I remember correctly the ss/t was mostly a appearance package, yes they said they tuned it and put a different exhaust on it and rated at 250hp when the base 360 was rated at 230hp or so.

IMO leave the ss/t alone hell it only ran for 2 years and it more rare than the SRT-10s hell they lead to the SRT-10s IMO , whats wrong with the R/T? they have everything you wanted RCSB, 4.10 rear a low 14 second truck right off the showroom floor for a round 32k and if you want a QC buy a sport and change the rear end gear and tq converter if ya need to

and lets not forget about the new adventurer a stripped down version of the R/T but with a different rear gear but that can be easily fixed

now I will agree with you on offering a 6 speed manual. The T-56 tranny that was in the SRT-10s and the vipers would work behind the HEMI pretty damn well. AS for the 6.4 making it to the RAM I would like to see it as well and offer it as a SRT-8 in line with the Chargers, Challengers and 300s

but If I was the MAN at RAM with the new VIPER coming out soon I would lobby my ass off to build another SRT-!0 RAM
8.3l v-10
6 speed tranny
4.56 4-link rear
22" rims and tires
offered only in a RCSB
I'd love to see another SRT-10 come out. They could do so much with it with the new 4th gen styling. I doubt it will ever come back, but it's nice to think about. hahahah

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

8.3l v-10
6 speed tranny
4.56 4-link rear
22" rims and tires
offered only in a RCSB
I would love to see another SRT10 as well, but with a 392, it could still be a daily driver. And the reason I was thinking SS/T is because even though it was just an appearance package, it was still a slick truck, and they were incredibly short lived. That's why they should get another chance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts