DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a 2014 ram 1500 SLT Crew 5'7 bed v3.6 with ram box, and Friday I just got my 2018 ram 1500 sport (black edition) Crew 6'3 bed v8 with ram box. . .

I have a few questions:

my friends mostly have GM or Chevy (BOOOOOOO lol) :box: anyways their engines goes to 8 to 4 cylinder, which it tells them when it does. . how do I know when my Hemi does? does it show on the dash or just a wild guess it does lol

about a muffler. . what would be the best muffler for a Hemi? I want something load and aggressive sound

thanks everyone!

ill have pics up very soon :) :)

·
Registered
665 Posts
There will be a green "ECO" light that will illuminate in the cluster, but its not on by default. You have to go into the settings on the touchscreen and enable it.

If you DO NOT want the MDS to operate (go into 4 cyl mode)...

Hit the +/- buttons on the steering wheel after you're in drive and push "+" until you have reached the number "8". Truck will shift thru all the gears normally and MDS will never kick in.

Hated it on the Silverado's.

I had a 2014 ram 1500 SLT Crew 5'7 bed v3.6 with ram box, and Friday I just got my 2018 ram 1500 sport (black edition) Crew 6'3 bed v8 with ram box. . .

I have a few questions:

my friends mostly have GM or Chevy (BOOOOOOO lol) :box: anyways their engines goes to 8 to 4 cylinder, which it tells them when it does. . how do I know when my Hemi does? does it show on the dash or just a wild guess it does lol

about a muffler. . what would be the best muffler for a Hemi? I want something load and aggressive sound

thanks everyone!

ill have pics up very soon :) :)

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
You don't want a loud exhaust with MDS. Some pricey ones like the Corsa mask the 4 cylinder sound

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
youtube various exhaust and find one that pleases your ears.

be aware, the shorter the muffler the more drone.

2014TRAITORboy

Poor 2014 truck tossed like old rag. . . .

·
Registered
178 Posts
If you want aggressive do a muffler delete and keep the resonators, it'll sound better than you think and it's cheap. I've ran a ton of set up's on these rams. The resonators will keep a lot of the rasp down.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Just for clarification, the ECO light has nothing to do with MDS. They are not correlated with each other, so just because your ECO light is on, it doesn't mean the MDS is activated.

·
Registered
528 Posts
My recommendation is if you're looking for very loud go Flowmaster Super 10. If you want something louder than stock but not too loud, get something in the Flowmaster 40 series. If you want something not much louder than stock but sounds a bit better, you can look at Magnaflow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts