510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Sooooooo... I just saw this. Just, minus one wheel in the back 😍😂
Cloud Sky Wheel Tire Car

·
Registered
2012 Crew Cab SLT 4x4 5.7 Hemi
661 Posts
Some sexy Gen3 Mega-Cab inspiration for you @Sissie ! I have to agree that those 3rd Gen dually flares are the best!!! 🤩🙊😍
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Car

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 MegaCab 5.7L V8 Hemi
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Some sexy Gen3 Mega-Cab inspiration for you @Sissie ! I have to agree that those 3rd Gen dually flares are the best!!! 🤩🙊😍 View attachment 140073
Really diggin that! If I ever get all the rest of this crap figured out, I'll get there.

Bushing for pass wiper popped off again. About to drill a hole through and cotterpin that sucka.

Then I'll look into this pcv valve thing. Apparently, it's a pretty serious issue. No reason that filter should be completely soaked black. 😔

I'm almost at that point of just asking 10k for her, paying off what I owe, and dealing with just the hubs truck til the market goes back down.

I mean, I've had her just over a year. She's been incapacitated for about 32 of the 68 weeks I've had her. And I've sunk over 5k into repairs in the last year. The warranty company has paid about 5k in claims in the last year.

I haven't given up all hope yet... but close. ❤

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Motor vehicle

Never realized how small my girls feet look
Maybe I should just leave em dirty 😂🤦‍♀️

·
Premium Member
2008 Ram 3/4t blacked out , tuned .
13 Posts
I'm thinking of going 315 70 17 on the tires, but I know I can't offset much with those without a lift.

I'm super into the Dick Cepek extreme country, but she already rides rough as hell. Lol

Thinking I may add some Pro Comp Suspension Steering Stabilizer into the mix. The roads here suuuccckkkkk
I mostly do city driving and it’s a good thing I have a 4x … b/c Portland can’t maintain anything, least of all their roads .

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
I mostly do city driving and it’s a good thing I have a 4x … b/c Portland can’t maintain anything, least of all their roads .
Hey, I promise you... Louisiana ain't much better! The older roads were made up of huge blocks of cement. That way, when it rains, the blocks can shift as needed. The thought was, it would prevent the road from getting torn up due to sinking into the soft ground. 😂🤦‍♀️
Engineers, I swear.
Most of the roads here in my town are patch on patch on patch. And they patch holes with that asphalt shit, so, as soon as it rains, it washes it all out.
I just read a 17m$ proposal for road reconstruction for our parish. It's a joke. No one knows what they're doing.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Liquid Automotive tire Yellow Asphalt Font
Hand Automotive tire Finger Wood Audio equipment

Well, got er done. Pcv was WAY worse, just wiped off the OD. But it was Hella bad.
Cleaned out the throttle body, threw some seafoam in er, no smoke as they said though. Idk.
Hopefully this helps a bit

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Ok. So I have pretty bald tires in the back. But, I also have at least 1 nail in each tire.
I have a tire fix/replacement warranty for 3 years.

BUT

Rus said they said something about not replacing them if they're worn.
Wouldn't patching or plugging a bald tire be a safety issue?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Ok. So I have pretty bald tires in the back. But, I also have at least 1 nail in each tire.
I have a tire fix/replacement warranty for 3 years.

BUT

Rus said they said something about not replacing them if they're worn.
Wouldn't patching or plugging a bald tire be a safety issue?
If they are too bald they aren’t going to touch them. 😢🙊😞

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Ok yall. So I had this fun today. I'm legit black, tan, and red from bun to boot. I have an oil leak. Not a major one, no major oil loss, no loss in oil pressure, just see it every so often, and now and again smell it burning, like it fell on something hot.
So on my journey looking for rust under Baby today (which was an adventure all it's own... a truck on level ground, and a girl, on her back, on a creeper... yeah, had to figure out how to maneuver my figure around all that😂🤦‍♀️) lots of fussing, talkin to myself, and a little cussin... I found these. Literally everything was covered in oil. Blahhhhhhh Here.We.Go.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Tints and shades Automotive exterior
Gas Automotive tire Tints and shades Electric blue Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Light Black Motor vehicle Rock-climbing equipment
Tire Automotive tire Snake Reptile Wheel
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Rim Gas

Drinkware Liquid Fluid Plastic bottle Drink

I guess after tires, I'll invest in spark plugs and coil packs. I'm almost certain they haven't been touched.

Oh, and I found out I have some old school dual exit magnaflow exhaust. Lol

·
Registered
661 Posts
Looks like @Sissie has some transmission lines leaking a bit. And the tailhousing boot to the driveshaft yoke.

I’m about to do a transmission service on mine and I’ll have to see what little leaks mine has at 125k!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Looks like @Sissie has some transmission lines leaking a bit. And the tailhousing boot to the driveshaft yoke.

I’m about to do a transmission service on mine and I’ll have to see what little leaks mine has at 125k!
You know, I'm not sure they're leaking... I'm thinking that's ALL oil from the valve cover gasket I need to change.

Wondering if there's 2 valve cover gaskets, one on each side of the bay?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·

I will check them when I get to the shop tomorrow though. I need to research it first, so I don't screw something else up.

But, plus side of having oil everywhere... almost no rust! Most rust I saw was where they welded the nagnaflow and it split off into 2 pipes. I think I may eventually cut the tips off and fix some 4 or 5" tips on. Idk what kind of magnaflow is on there. I knew it was aftermarket, but, it's not SUPER loud. Could be a little louder.

If I had access to a tig, I'd cut the resonators out and reweld that sucker lol

Rus is a welder, but they only got mig at the shop. I told him he needs to convince his boss that he NEEDS a tig. 😂

81 - 100 of 129 Posts