DODGE RAM FORUM banner
121 - 129 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Dodge Ram 1500 MegaCab 5.7L V8 Hemi
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
@fireproof69 guess what?

I took baby in today to see about the nails in the back tires. I told the man, I'm not sure if they can be patched or plugged, and they're too worn for replacement. I gave him the keys, and he said he'd take a look.

A few minutes later, the man walks over and asks me to come see outside. He says, well... we CAN probably fix them, but you REALLY need new tires.

He said, you have 2 options. I can submit a claim for repair, or, I can tell them you have a nail in the sidewall of both back tires.

If they ask for photos, you'll then be responsible for repairs or buying a new pair. But, chances are since you haven't submitted a claim for a good while, they won't ask.

I told him do what he could. If I had to buy new ones, I would.

He got on the phone, and about 10 minutes later, he walked up to me again. He said, your new tires will be here sometime tomorrow. If it's too late for you tomorrow, we'll put them on for you Wednesday.

I'm dumbfounded, and so thankful for this man.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #124 ·
Ok. Just had a duh moment.
Got baby's new back shoes on today ($750).
Sent pics to hubs of front vs new back.
I told him, I can't go wider because the way they sit, in the front they sit closer to the back of the well, and in the back they sit close to the front of the well.
I told him I could probably do 35s.
He said no, you can't.
I said, sure I can. 1in on top and bottom won't be that bad.
He's like, you can't just get them taller on top and bottom... they come round.
🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️😂😂😭

·
Registered
2012 Crew Cab SLT 4x4 5.7 Hemi
661 Posts
@Sissie … it’s like a flat tire… it’s only flat on the bottom!!! 😱🙊😱

I think those Grapplers look goooooooood! 😍🙊🥰

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
Thats what I'm saying @fireproof69 😂😂
Ughhh been working too much, not enough sleep lol
Thank you, babes! I like em. They aren't my first choice, but they hold up pretty well. I'm not sure how many miles the old ones had on them, but I know I ran em for about 30k miles so I can't complain ❤🥰🤗

121 - 129 of 129 Posts