DODGE RAM FORUM banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Oh man I loved your MC! I'm sure you will do great things with this truck too though! Good move on the removal of the chrome. I informed the wife yesterday that when I get my level and new tires this summer the wheels and all the badges are getting plasti dip'd. I mentioned de-badging but she didn't really like the idea so I settled for dip'd! Beautiful truck though and can't wait to see more.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Got my sport tail lights installed today and they look so much better than the chrome ones. Also pictured is the new black ram badge on tailgate.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Ever thought about just having the chrome caps of your mirrors painted to match? I color matched the grille and mirrors on my truck. I bought some black mirrors on Ebay and then swapped the caps with my chrome ones. The mirrors come apart pretty easily and if I had to do it again I would have just taken my chrome caps off and had them painted. After all the Ebay/PayPal fees it would have been cheaper too. The shop that painted my grille turned it around in a day so I'm guessing that it wouldn't have cost too much more to have them paint the mirror caps at the same time.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I kinda miss your big red Mega but I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with this one!
You wouldn't believe the reactions I get when people find out I sold that truck. It's pretty comical sometimes. It was a fun build though, and the most Mods I've ever done. I learned a whole lot working on BIG RED.

Ever thought about just having the chrome caps of your mirrors painted to match? I color matched the grille and mirrors on my truck. I bought some black mirrors on Ebay and then swapped the caps with my chrome ones. The mirrors come apart pretty easily and if I had to do it again I would have just taken my chrome caps off and had them painted. After all the Ebay/PayPal fees it would have been cheaper too. The shop that painted my grille turned it around in a day so I'm guessing that it wouldn't have cost too much more to have them paint the mirror caps at the same time.
I actually just received my new mirrors today. Bought some black ones and will have the caps painted then swap them in place of the chrome. I don't think painting the chrome ones would hold up very well.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I actually just received my new mirrors today. Bought some black ones and will have the caps painted then swap them in place of the chrome. I don't think painting the chrome ones would hold up very well.
Sounds like you're way ahead of me. I think painting over chromed plastic comes down to prep and product. I had my body shop paint the surround on my '03 Sierra Denali grille and it held up great for the 5 years that I owned that truck. When I did the chrome to black swap on my truck I just swapped the caps over. I didn't even take the mirrors off my truck. I was able to take the caps off and install the black ones while the rest of mirrors stayed put. I wasn't sure what options the Ebay mirrors had. I know the Limited mirrors have every available option so I didn't want to loose any.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Finally got my new headlights. Decided not to do custom painted ones right now since I couldn't decide exactly what I want.

Other than the lights I haven't done anything to the truck for a while now just been driving it and enjoying it. I bought another set of wheels that I was planning on having powder coated black, but now I'm thinking I don't want them so they might be getting sold again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Obviously your money and your truck, but do you mind me asking why you didn't just get a sport in the first place. I havent looked at truck prices in a little while but I have to imagine the limited is more expensive than a sport. Was it the interior that drove you to the limited? But I do love the look, my white truck looks fairly similar so I am fairly biased to the direction you are going.

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Obviously your money and your truck, but do you mind me asking why you didn't just get a sport in the first place. I havent looked at truck prices in a little while but I have to imagine the limited is more expensive than a sport. Was it the interior that drove you to the limited? But I do love the look, my white truck looks fairly similar so I am fairly biased to the direction you are going.
I wanted the luxury features of a Laramie and just happened to find a good deal on a limited. Once you add all the features to a sport it's not much cheaper than a limited. Plus the interior of a limited is so much nicer.

·
Registered
18,032 Posts
I wanted the luxury features of a Laramie and just happened to find a good deal on a limited. Once you add all the features to a sport it's not much cheaper than a limited. Plus the interior of a limited is so much nicer.
Exactly the same reason why I went with the Longhorn from a blacked out sport.....because I wanted the cattletan on black interior and the leather is MUCH more thicker :smileup:

·
Registered
18,032 Posts
Finally got my new headlights. Decided not to do custom painted ones right now since I couldn't decide exactly what I want.

Other than the lights I haven't done anything to the truck for a while now just been driving it and enjoying it. I bought another set of wheels that I was planning on having powder coated black, but now I'm thinking I don't want them so they might be getting sold again.

What wheels are you considering?
Depending on how deep your pocket allows for $$, I got some ideas for yours...LOL

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
What wheels are you considering?
Depending on how deep your pocket allows for $$, I got some ideas for yours...LOL
I don't even have a clue. I keep going back and forth on lifting or lowering. Once I figure that out, then I can start thinking about which wheels I want. I'm in no hurry though cause I actually think the factory wheels look ok. Might just slap some toyo AT's on factory wheels for a while.

·
Registered
18,032 Posts
I don't even have a clue. I keep going back and forth on lifting or lowering. Once I figure that out, then I can start thinking about which wheels I want. I'm in no hurry though cause I actually think the factory wheels look ok. Might just slap some toyo AT's on factory wheels for a while.
Email me to bounce idea's off of.
Always good to do so :)

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Found a good deal on some srt wheels a couple weeks ago so I picked them up for now. Not 100% sure if I'll keep them, but I got them so cheap I couldn't pass them up. For now they look pretty good though. Wrapped in 305/55r22 nitto 420s

·
Registered
18,032 Posts
Found a good deal on some srt wheels a couple weeks ago so I picked them up for now. Not 100% sure if I'll keep them, but I got them so cheap I couldn't pass them up. For now they look pretty good though. Wrapped in 305/55r22 nitto 420s

If you are looking to unload on the 'cheap' too, let me know as Ill be interested :smileup:

21 - 40 of 40 Posts