DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This weekend Im going to take on the task of modding my stock intake manifold. Im going to reduce the intake runners and If I dont screw anything major up Ill slightly port and gasket match the head intake ports to intake manifold, slightly open up the exhaust ports, smooth out the bowls and finish'em up with a good polishing. Im a bit nervous because this would be the first time I remove my heads (any heads for that matter). Trucks not being used and its a mod Ive been wanting to do for a few years now. Ive done a bit of research and seen it done a couple times, so overall im confident Ill be able to disasemble, moddify and reasemble with no problem. As for getting my valves done Ill have to wait till next time.. $$$

Oh yeah almost forgot the "no pics, it never happend" rule.
Drop your opinions or advice if you got'em

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
The old saying goes you never know if you can do it unless you try. I have been LUCKY because everything tends to turn out great. I am sure your work will turn out great also. Hurry up already, I want to see your work.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hoorah there ULTRAFLAME! Thank you for those words of confidence, They go along way!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alrite guys im getting tools setup and ready to disasemble. I will be taking pics as I go and commenting. Ill log on later tonite for a follow up! haha Im Freaking Excited wish there was a fast forward button to were Im test driving it already.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Here we go.

1. Sqweezed her into driveway.

2. Representing the "Z" in Long Beach, Calif. Lots of inquires from potential members:smileup:.

3. Intake manifold "kegger" Fel-Pro gaskets.

4. Pair of Fel-Pro Head gaskets.

5. Pair of Fel-pro Exhaust manifold gaskets.

6. 5.9 before disasembly.

7. Core support, Air cleaner w/ filter, Radiator, Tranny radiator, Power steering radiator, Coolant resorvour, Windshield washer fluid tank and Fan shroud removed fairly easy.

8 Getting ready to jump in for easy access to idler arm.

9 Removing the serpentine band (noticed some wear n tear) will replace with new band.

10 Unbolting my alternator.

Attachments

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got started pretty late today so couldn't get as much done as I would of liked to. I'll jump right in first thing tomorrow.

FYI: negotiating valve job cost with shop for a possible trade for my services. Crossing my fingers....

·
Registered
265 Posts
Good luck and thanks for sharing. I'll be following this thread for sure!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Audience

Good luck and thanks for sharing. I'll be following this thread for sure!
Thanks DeepBlue. I enjoy having you guys as an audience following me through this mod.
:popc::alc::popc::popc::3-smoke::popc::tooth::popc::popc::strokin::popc::popc::spinning::popc:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I might be late here but when you start pulling everything off, you might want to number them and zip lock bag them so it will be easy on the re assemble. as to the heads cleanup, my advice is to take your time. Once you remove metal, its gone.

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
53,930 Posts
Guess I'm a little late to the show as well lol, but how's it going with this project?

- Cajun

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Man its xtra hot today!

Well I got up early to beat the heat but its starting to get pretty hot under that hood. Heres what Ive got so far this morning Pacific Standart Time hehe;)

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
A man on a mission...you're moving right along. Anyway...hate to see the underside of my kegger, I know mine would be the same.
All my latest parts arrived yesterday. Will be down loading pics later. Today I started porting the heads to clean them up a little before I install them.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey everyone I had an incident with my camera phone early this week. I had to replace my phone yesterday so Ill be able to upload some pics hopfully tonight.Yeah I plan on painting the Intake and Heads maybe the Valve covers.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Finally pics!!!

Here are some pics I took when I had some down time they are pretty much self explanitory.. Some pics came out way to big Sorry.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Heres more pics of my modding. Enjoy.

Intake runners (keggar mod)

Opened up my TB a little more.

New intake an exhaust valve stem guides.

Looking good! What do ya'll think?
Oh yeah installed new push rods all around.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Thanks I got more pics to upload tomorrow. Im almost done, I got the heads, intake and exhaust manifolds torqued down to spec's. Alternator and AC bracket painted and mounted along with all pulleys and accesories. All I need is to install the Fan shroud, power steering pump with lines and the radiator and I think thats all hummm. Maybe thinking of doing the swiss cheese mod hmm..

1 - 20 of 61 Posts