DODGE RAM FORUM banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I reused the same bolts. I havent had any issues (yet). lol.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey Raming it, I have a pair of flowmaster super 44's off my goat and was yginking about trying them on my dads truck...what do you yhink of them on yours? I donnt want to make it loud, just a goof tone, but afraid that with the shorty headers they would be too loud for him

·
Banned
885 Posts
you could get a pair from summit, I think the summit pair which are pacesetter shortys are like 200 bucks, and if you get a quality gasket and some stage 8 fasteners you shouldnt have to worry about the seal going bad or the bolts coming out.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Hey Raming it, I have a pair of flowmaster super 44's off my goat and was yginking about trying them on my dads truck...what do you yhink of them on yours? I donnt want to make it loud, just a goof tone, but afraid that with the shorty headers they would be too loud for him
Headers and a pair of 44's... Idk that sounds like a loud combo is the cat still on? I say go for it!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
What about porting and polishing the exhaust manifolds?

Damn you got me there! Im a bit short on the $$$ side so I might just have to port them stock manifolds out.... Maybe this weekend ill do a write up with pics and all.:thk:

·
Registered
39 Posts
On a lot of the turbo cars they port the manifolds because they lsst alot longer with the extreme heat cycles than the hesders do....I have personally rewelded all the seams on s few of my friends cars where they keep cracking till they swap back to an iron manifold.

Finished my dads truck yesterday! It's a beast now!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Well ima dig out my dremel and bit accessories tomorrow and get things situated for my next mod now hehehe. I wonder how it will sound, maybe some added performance..

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Well im still digging out that darn dremel hehe. My lower backs been acting up again im waiting to get my prescription refilled so I can get under that beast.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Took me for ever but i finally got to porting out the openings on my stock exhaust manifolds to match the exhaust openings on my heads... To my suprise the freaking openings on my sock manifolds are gasket matched dead on!!!! It be useless to open the ports up more. The runner walls were pretty thin so I skipped that idea, I gotta stop bieng a cheap skate and just grab a pair of shorty headers from summit.

·
Banned
885 Posts
LOL it was worth a shot man :) I as well need to fork out the money for some headers...think Im gonna wait till the next big holiday because autopartswarehouse.com sends me emails all the time around the holidays for specials, I wish I would have had the money this month because they sent me a 20% off coupon code! could have gotten the JBA non coated headers for something like 250ish or the titanium coated for around 400 instead of 550!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
LMC truck is selling a pair of shorty headers for 269.95. Im seriously considering them.

·
Banned
885 Posts
damn thats cheap, I wonder what brand they are. if they are bare or painted you could get em and strip the paint and then get the jet hotted :D

·
Registered
187 Posts
i just got a intake manafold out the junk yard for 20$ im gonna do the kegger mod and paint it see how she breaths after that

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Sweet!! Bout time you get your hands dirty!! lol j/k bud.
On my keggar I was a bit weary when it came time to shorten the intake runners on the inside..... You guys seen the pics rite? Ive always wondered what if I would of trimmed off an additional inch???? Gains? Screw it what if I just bypass the runners and cut a hole out were the runner exits into the head, so air goes straight into the head without having to travel up and over the long as runners!!!

Im just thinking out loud guys.. Food for thought,

41 - 60 of 61 Posts