DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok. In May 11 I bought my baby. Had to do something about the exposed bed and that 'high' step up into the cab for my wife. While I was at it why not throw on some bed bars too.

MOD(s) #1:

Tint, 20%, a must have to be cool.

I installed the Bakflip HD (you can paint this backflip, but being black on black I decided not to).

The bed rails and step rails are both chrome Raptor rails.

I also found a rubber bed mat and tailgate mat. I like the rubber because stuff doesn't run rampant in the back, though it's not velcro'ed down either :)

·
Administrator
2008 RAM 1500 ST 3.7L Magnum V6 PS2
54,599 Posts
Very nice looking truck and cool mods, I really like the bedrails! :smileup:

- Cajun

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
June/July 11, Getting bored need to do something else...

MOD #2: Headlights! (and fogs)

I picked up the Spyder halo projectors in black (black truck, duh!). I also went with the DDM tuning HID's. DO get the cancelers and DO NOT get the slim ballast. I had to wire the halos and LED's into the parking lights, but it's simple hot to hot, ground to ground x10 exercise (annoyingly, each halo and LED has 1 of each). I also repeated the same exercises for the fogs using 2 plugs that came w/ the Spyders (thank goodness). My fog HID's had metal connectors not plugs.

I've used DDM on my Xterra never had a problem minus some missing stuff but I opened at ticket online and they took care of me. If you ever have an issue OPEN A TICKET ONLINE and give them 48 working hours.

Grill Off:

Slave Labor:

Let there be light(s)!!!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
After spending too much time on this website my baby didn't growl enough. My dad is going to love this one (he has a ram too).

MOD #3: Caliper Covers, Maganflow 18, Volant Cold Air Intake, Y pipe (almost...)

Going to grad school, adjunt teaching and working my normal job I just decided to pay for the install this time. I did the CAI myself on my Xterra but decided to just have it done this time around while they did the exhaust.

They were confused about the Y pipe so that will have to happen at a later date. It's an unusual request to do anything in front of the muffler that isn't a complete cat back.

Better pics to come soon. I'll get some of the Y & muffler when the Y get's put on.

I MUST say that I had a K&N on my 3.6L Xterra and the Volant is not as near as loud. The 18 is the exact right way to go. It has some mild noise in cabin cruising but not much at all. When you get on her between the Volant and exhaust, man it sounds f'in GREAT!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Awesome mods man. Can you take a picture of the whole side of the truck? I wanna see how the red caliper covers look. I'm deciding between red or black. Thanks man keep up the nice work :D

·
Registered
7,790 Posts
your truck is coming along very nicely there bud.....whats next?

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Great looking truck man. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Awesome mods man. Can you take a picture of the whole side of the truck? I wanna see how the red caliper covers look. I'm deciding between red or black. Thanks man keep up the nice work :D
Ask and thou shall receive. I wax'ed her today for the winter months using race glaze. I came out of the store and she was posing! I had to snap a pic. No juice on the tires yet (have to wait to park her for the night so it can dry). Mod #3 above, 1st pic shows the caliper covers. Personally I'd go with the red, it stands out and while the stock 20 chrome clad are nice they are not exactly open, not really closed either but if you want the caliper covers to be seen you should do an off setting or lighter/brighter color in my opinion.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
your truck is coming along very nicely there bud.....whats next?
Haha. Dangerous question. I think I want to do the Recon Tail lights next but I'd like to see a comparison of brightness / visibility just to make sure. Being LED's and red on black (vs red on red) I think it would stand out more when you put on the brakes. That's ok though, I need to get my discretionary fund built up again.

I had debated a tailgate LED too.

Oh, also interior LEDs. That will be next I think since it'll cost less than taking the wife out for dinner.

Oops, actually it'll be lower billet grill. It's ordered and in the mail! Ha, I've been on here too much.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OH, just saw this now, I'll see if I can get a pic for ya!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Thanks for the link, kinda pricey for what it is. I'll have to save up if I wanna get these.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Also finished painting my bike carrier too this week:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.