DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2010 Ram with the standard key fob. My problem is recently the fob has been unlocking the truck with just a slight touch to the unlock button, not a press. This presents a problem as a cannot put my keys in my pocket or set them down without being worried that anything touching the button will unlock the truck. I let this go on for about a week and then I replaced the battery in the fob just to see if anything changed and I'm still having the same problem. The fob appears to be in good shape inside and out so I'm not sure what is going on. Does anyone else have this problem or know of any solutions for this? Thanks!

·
Registered
14,008 Posts
Welcome to the forum cmccray :woohoo:

I'm sure that someone with more knowledge then I will
chime in soon ;)

Again, Welcome to the forum :smileup:

·
Registered
9 Posts
It's not the battery. It's the little actuators under the rubber. If you take it apart and open up the other side from the battery you'll see there are little discs that are what actually makes the little click click feel when you depress the button. Kind of like if you press on the seal-tester on a jar with a metal lid after it's been open. If those have come a little unglued and/or shifted to where they are making contact/completing the circuit with only minor pressure, it'll do exactly what you say. Also, lint/dirt/debris can get in there and affect the sensitivity too. I pulled mine all apart, cleaned the contacts and still had issues. Then I cleaned it all again and reglued the little disks in place so they wouldn't slip slightly to the side of the contact area. Fixed the problem permanently. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
16 Posts
my experience

I just wanted to elaborate on what Nathan said. He is correct adn do what he suggested. You can also clean teh contacts with a eraser sort of like the old slot car race track days.

As a locksmith I deal with remotes all day long, I caution you do not by one off places like ebay and usch as Chrysler remotes can not be reprogrammed to another car unless you haev teh vin that it came from and its very expensive. Buy from a reputable company. We use Keyless Ride out of Texas. Prices are fair and they have a money back guarantee.

Just wanted to throw that out, good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts