DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! My BF is having an issue with his key fobs. Both of them happen to I guess mess up at the same time. They are making the truck lock, unlock and start with no one touching the keys. They are about 40 feet away and the truck is locking about once every couple minutes. It will stop eventually but we are worried that it will unlock the truck while we are sleeping. At times it will start and then shut off. Does anyone know why this may be happening. Idk if the issue could be because they got wet. He keeps his keys in his pockets and when he is at work he sweats…a lot. Something to the point that even money in his wallet gets wet lol but that doesn’t explain why the backup key is doing it as well. I believe it’s key fobs and not the truck simply for the fact that it cranks and it has the keyless start option

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Sometimes old batteries in the fob will do strange things. have they been replaced lately? How old of truck? Did he buy it new?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Sometimes old batteries in the fob will do strange things. have they been replaced lately? How old of truck? Did he buy it new?
Too add to this, why not pull the FOB battery and see if the issues continue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts