DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 power wagon.So I've been having key fob issues for a while. The things work when they want to it appears. I sometimes have to open the door with the key and then it will lock with the fob. And then sometimes it works fine or I have to hold it way high to get it to work more than 3 ft away. I took it to the dealer and they had it for 2 days and they tinkered trying to replicate the issues but they couldn't and returned it to me. It worked when I picked it up but as soon as I got home same old issues. I'm guessing this has been brought up before but I searched and couldn't find it. If anyone has similar issues or a link to another thread a similar issue is on if appreciate any help. Thanks guys!
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

·
Registered
27 Posts
Potentially Bad Battery

Have you replaced the battery in the FOB? I have had several cars with FOBs, keyless, and once the battery starts going bad they do weird things.

The other thing I've noticed, this happeded to my wife's Infiniti, is that car battery was bad it made the FOB look like it was working at random times. It wasn't until the car battery finally died that we realized the root cause.

Have the dealership check the charge on the truck battery.
OR
It could be just a bad FOB and I would push for a replacement.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you replaced the battery in the FOB? I have had several cars with FOBs, keyless, and once the battery starts going bad they do weird things.

The other thing I've noticed, this happeded to my wife's Infiniti, is that car battery was bad it made the FOB look like it was working at random times. It wasn't until the car battery finally died that we realized the root cause.

Have the dealership check the charge on the truck battery.
OR
It could be just a bad FOB and I would push for a replacement.
I'll try that but it's only 3 months old

1 - 4 of 4 Posts