DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK
So I have a issue with fob not unlocking/locking doors. I rescently had a issue with key saying key not detected. went to locksmith received new key programmed about a month ago. everything worked fine.
now my key works to start etc but not unlocking or locking. last time I used I remote started vehicle. I took to locksmith they checked signal and even tried reprogramming. key fob seems fine. I went to dealer they just did a quick fault check and no faults in system that would relate to faults in system
How does the system work? signal blocked?
Win module or is it separate?
How to test?
wiring diagram?
any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
1. of all- welcome to the forum (there is a welcome section- would be nice, if you say hello to everyone there)
2. nobody knows, what kind of truck you have- Gen1, 2, 3, 4, 5? Information in your profile would help a lot with almost everything.
3. My first guess would be the battery. The transmitter usually always works for start- but when the battery dies, your other functions are not working anymore.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I Apologise.
2009 ram 1500 hemi quad cab sport.
Battery is fine and transmitter on fob is sending out a signal.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
key fob starts no unlock /lock

Thanks for suggestions. I tried in multiple areas and I do not feel the interference would happen everywhere. The key is new and tested yesterday. Does anyone have a electrical diagram or other ideas of what to test?
key was tested, signal, battery, etc.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts