DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my dog decided that my key fob would be a great chew toy and destroyed the PC board inside as well as the housing. Anybody know where I can get one without taking out a small loan? I know that they have to be programmed, but only having one key to the truck is going to suck for a while.

·
Administrator
2017 Ram Rebel 5.7L Flame Red
42,016 Posts
I bought a refurbished one off of eBay. Had some people say it wouldn't work but it did and I had a second key already so I could program it myself. Let me know if you would like me to point you to that seller

·
Registered
1,040 Posts

·
Administrator
42,016 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
go to google and type in dodge rke remotes and take your pick........ there are plenty of refurbished and new remotes for you to buy.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Yes that is my thread!!lol
You must type faster than my 1.5 words per min:LOL::LOL:.knew i had read about it,had to go look it up.great that you saw it already...:smileup::smileup:..Rob

·
Administrator
42,016 Posts
Yeah that was me asking basically same question as the OP lots out there I wouldn't pay what the dealer wants that is for sure. Unfortunately they only have one key. Might be worth it to get the standard none FOB get it programmed then get a second FOB and do it yourself

·
Registered
15,696 Posts
since it is a second key, you could get buy with the "hidden key" in the chewed up key fob. gotta love what dogs chew on for fun. lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wanted to follow up on this. Bought a second Fobik on eBay and took it to the locksmith. In about 20 minutes it was programmed and working fine with the truck. It says dodge on it and is a little different, but works fine.

On a side note, the locksmith showed me a non remote key that will work with our trucks. It still needs to be programmed (you can do that yourself), but it has a key blade on it and is a lot cheaper.

·
Registered
35,470 Posts
Thanks for the info.... Glad that it work out for you.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
speaking of key fobs, I just took my Ram to the dealership yesterday to have them replace mine. I'm now on my 3rd key fob...and my truck is only a year old. *shaking my head*

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
I went to my dealership & bought a spare FOB, i had misplaced my 2nd FOB temporarily

The dealerships have 2 different FOBs that fit our Rams
1 reads Dodge on it, the other Reads RAM, both do the same thing
there is a hell of a price difference though

·
Registered
307 Posts
Just an fyi... you can also buy chipped keys that will start your truck as well. I bought 2 of them from a eBay seller for $18 each, and the dealer cut the keys and programmed them for $40 while I was at the dealer for a free oil change. They will unlock the door and start the engine like the fob.

The only issue is that the truck alarm will sound when you open the door. Quickly stick the key in the ignition and turn to the first position to disarm the alarm.

Darin

1 - 15 of 15 Posts