DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was unlucky enough to leave my Factory Keyless entry FOB in my pocket and it ended up in the Washing machine. After drying it out, the FOB will start the vehicle but will not activate any of the remote functions. I did install a new battery. Anyone have any ideas?

If a new FOB is required, wondering if there is a Place to buy one that is less expensive than a dealer.

·
Premium Member
32,675 Posts
IKEYLESS website sells New FOBs & they are cheaper then the dealership by far

you will have to get it programmed by the dealership though

on my 2009 Ram 1500, i now have 3 FOBs, i had misplaced one for a couple months
2 of them have Dodge imprinted on it, one reads Ram. They are identical, except for the brand name. Actually the Dodge ones were cheaper at the dealership ???
I found out about IKEYLESS after the fact

·
Registered
328 Posts
I was unlucky enough to leave my Factory Keyless entry FOB in my pocket and it ended up in the Washing machine. After drying it out, the FOB will start the vehicle but will not activate any of the remote functions. I did install a new battery. Anyone have any ideas?

If a new FOB is required, wondering if there is a Place to buy one that is less expensive than a dealer.
Have you dis-assembled the FOB and cleaned all the contacts, and made certain there is no moisture left in it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts