DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
2017 Ram Rebel 5.7L Flame Red
42,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering are there many different ones? I read in my manual how to program them if I have 2 programmed keys. Can I search on Ebay and get a blank for the right year and get it cut and it will work or are there many different "chipped" blanks and you need the right one? If there are different ones how do you know which one you need?

Not sure what area to post so I put it here in General if it needs to be moved I am sorry

·
Registered
81 Posts
Im not 100% but if it is like most chipped keys any lock smith can cut and program your key for you but.... they will need the truck there to do this

·
Administrator
42,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the link see I have found a blank Key FOB even less then the one you listed. I just don't know if there are different chips or if you just need to program your receiver in your truck to recognize the new chip transponder

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
OK, you are on scammers territory

Key FOBs (frequency operated button Integrated key)
once used in one vehicle can NOT be reprogrammed in a different vehicle, unless you are an exceptional computer expert

If you buy a FOB online, it MUST read NEW never used

if it reads reprogrammed, guaranteed to work in a **** year dodge ram, it does, just not in yours
if it reads unique or any other words, it is used

A blank uncut valet key is best bought online, dealers charge a healthy charge
a Certified Locksmith or the Dealership can cut & program our keys, many Certified Locksmiths just don't want to do it

If you order online, call them to confirm that the AD is true, before paying

Way to many people have been screwed buying FOBIKs

·
Administrator
42,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, you are on scammers territory

Key FOBs (frequency operated button Integrated key)
once used in one vehicle can NOT be reprogrammed in a different vehicle, unless you are an exceptional computer expert

If you buy a FOB online, it MUST read NEW never used

if it reads reprogrammed, guaranteed to work in a **** year dodge ram, it does, just not in yours
if it reads unique or any other words, it is used

A blank uncut valet key is best bought online, dealers charge a healthy charge
a Certified Locksmith or the Dealership can cut & program our keys, many Certified Locksmiths just don't want to do it

If you order online, call them to confirm that the AD is true, before paying

Way to many people have been screwed buying FOBIKs
Thanks for the advice but for $50 I am going to take a chance. From eBay the seller's rating is 99.9% and it was listed to be refurbished to original manufacturer's specs. With a money back guarantee and through paypal I feel safe. I will let everyone know how it goes when it gets here and I get it cut and programmed.

·
Administrator
42,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So ikeyless website is a scam?
I didn't say that kay9 but found one on ebay for 50 and with paypal felt pretty safe with going with it plus the seller's rating. If it doesn't work out I will use the ikeyless for sure.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
That's cool. My post was directed to GTyankee post about entering scam territory. I def' dont want to post url links if they are not a valid or some what reputable co. Sorry if i did though.

I didn't say that kay9 but found one on ebay for 50 and with paypal felt pretty safe with going with it plus the seller's rating. If it doesn't work out I will use the ikeyless for sure.

·
Administrator
42,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well the key I bought from eBay has been cut and the programming ........................................................................................................................... worked!! I can lock unlock start the vehicle so it was just as the seller said. So going by the prices I was given by the dealership in town I saved about $250 by going online and getting it. Want to thank Kay9 for the link to the other retailer as well!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts