DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All - Not sure if this is the best place for the thread so I apologize if I'm off... My keyless entry / remote start keys (both of them) seem to work intermittently. I can only assume that the batteries are low or dying. Just can't seem to figure out how to open them to replace batteries, and wanted to ask the question before prying anything open! Any insight is appreciated - Copper D

·
Registered
37 Posts
I had the same problem as you both worked when they wanted to. It was embarrassing at times. With the help of a youtube video I got the key opened up and changed the battery been perfect since I changed them last march.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I buy the 3V CR2032 from Radio Shack or The Source as it's known here in Canada.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Be sure to clean the contacts under the touch pad while your in there also.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Buy from Amazon

2032 cell batteries, i got them at target. watched the above youtube video and it was very easy to do.

I use the 2032 batteries for a few things and used to buy them at Radio shack or any local store. Then I found them so much cheaper and in larger packs if you buy from Amazon. They aren't cheap "no name" batteries either. They are Sony brand and you can buy packs of 10 for the same price (including shipping) of two at Radio shack. Just an fyi for anyone else looking for them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts